REEF SUPPLEMENTS

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One part dosing works for some but not others. I found it limiting and my tank didn't consume calcium fast enough. So my calcium climbed if I tried to maintain alkalinity.

A simple 2 part is much easier to keep things in balance IME

But if you want an all in one, than All For Reef by Tropic Marin is a good one. You will need to be ICP testing regularly to get away from water changes.

OP
OP
R

ron garnett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One part dosing works for some but not others. I found it limiting and my tank didn't consume calcium fast enough. So my calcium climbed if I tried to maintain alkalinity.

A simple 2 part is much easier to keep things in balance IME

But if you want an all in one, than All For Reef by Tropic Marin is a good one. You will need to be ICP testing regularly to get away from water changes.
I'm dosing 2 part BRS calcium and alkalinity but I'm concerned mainly with the other basic trace elements that might come in liquid form. I have heard that Reef Essentials is a consideration.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm presently using Red. Sea tests.
Certain trace elements can’t be tested for via simple test kits. Take bromine for example.
However certain products such as AFR are made in a way such that by adjusting your alkalinity you could get everything balanced under normal circumstances. (Remember everything varies form one tank to another).
to answer your question; I recommend AFR by tropic Marin if your tank has a relatively low consumption.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, if your are dosing them you better be able to test them more then once in awhile or you can set yourself up for a problem.
I disagree, many people (including myself) dose trace elements and they don’t test them weekly. Using your logic nobody would’ve ever dosed trace elements.

reefah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the best one step product for adding the necessary supplements to your reef tank if you're not doing water changes?
all for reef hands down the best..... but I must say, it's a great single dosing solution, once you get your water parameters to what they need to be..

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disagree, many people (including myself) dose trace elements and they don’t test them weekly. Using your logic nobody would’ve ever dosed trace elements.
Sure you can dose trace or not if you do weekly water changes but if you do dose you should be able to monitor the levels more then 2 or 3x per year via ICP. Have you always had perfect ICP results or is something low or high there?

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure you can dose trace or not if you do weekly water changes but if you do dose you should be able to monitor the levels more then 2 or 3x per year via ICP. Have you always had perfect ICP results or is something low or high there?
Trace element wise surpringly it was always perfect (according to triton). I use AFR.

OP
OP
R

ron garnett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! I will try using All For Reef and continue dosing BRS 2 part calcium and alkalinity.
And of course, I will test my parameters.

Back