Reef Tank Value Problem

Heabel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative Marine seems to be the Value leader. Why such a difference?
I have yet to find another vendor offering so much for your money. 200 EXT with stand, sump, and plumbing for $4,000. I have built numerous tanks on websites like, glass cages, custom aquariums, and Crystal dynamics. All cost nearly twice as much for what appears to be less. Even other AIO such as Red Sea, Waterbox, Aqua forest give you less for considerably more money.
The innovative marine must be gaining in popularity, recently wait times went from 10-12 weeks to 4-6 months. It seems like the obvious choice right now. Is there something im missing? Can you suggest another vendor to get similar cost and performance? Ideally i would want a tank 84-96" long, 30" depth, 20" high. The EXT is only 72" and if im going to upgrade id rather go bigger, rather than wish i would have. However, once i go beyond Innovative Marine im sitting at $8000 or more for Tank, stand, and sump.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Innovative Marine seems to be the Value leader. Why such a difference?
I have yet to find another vendor offering so much for your money. 200 EXT with stand, sump, and plumbing for $4,000. I have built numerous tanks on websites like, glass cages, custom aquariums, and Crystal dynamics. All cost nearly twice as much for what appears to be less. Even other AIO such as Red Sea, Waterbox, Aqua forest give you less for considerably more money.
The innovative marine must be gaining in popularity, recently wait times went from 10-12 weeks to 4-6 months. It seems like the obvious choice right now. Is there something im missing? Can you suggest another vendor to get similar cost and performance? Ideally i would want a tank 84-96" long, 30" depth, 20" high. The EXT is only 72" and if im going to upgrade id rather go bigger, rather than wish i would have. However, once i go beyond Innovative Marine im sitting at $8000 or more for Tank, stand, and sump.
I would say the old saying 'you get what you pay for' is in play here. Once you buy your tank, etc - please make a build thread. PS - 4000 for that size tank seems very very very very very low priced. But you asked - why such a difference? Perhaps innovative marine has an oversupply, they need money, not many people are buying that size tank, etc etc.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back