Reef2Reef is Secure

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just wanted to let you know that we're always trying to improve the forums and one of those ways is to make sure you browse safely and your passwords are protected.

That being said we have made the switch from HTTP to HTTPS which gives us a secured connections and is industry standard to do so. You may notice when you go to your bank or other eCommerce type websites that there is a GREEN "lock" just left of the site address (URL). This is showing you that it is a "secure" site.

We have just made this switch so there will be a few bugs to work out. Most of the time you will see the green secure logo but there may be a time or two when you click a page where this is not there. That's because of certain ads or images that are linked via a HTTP address. We will be cleaning these up as we go along.

Thank you for your membership!

secure.jpg

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it help if we pointed out un-secure locations that we find? Or would that just be a distraction to the effort?

(I've not found any yet, btw.)

(Edit: Found one; proxy.php doesn't seem to be converting http images correctly. All I'm seeing is the "missing image" image. Example: See the images in Mel's zoa article.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks guys and yes if you see anything please let me know! :D

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump for the late crew!

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to know! I did notice the little lock earlier today, but had just assumed it was always there and I had never noticed it before:)

Back