ReefBeauties Quick Review

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sstadler
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sstadler

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2019
Messages
118
Reaction score
17
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
I recently ordered online from Reef Beauties as recommended by people on this site. I am not a fan of ordering online and figured I’d give it a go. My initial impression was great. Ordered 7 pieces of small livestock and came with free overnight shipping. I live in a somewhat rural area, but it still arrived around 11 am the morning after shipping. Livestock seemed to be well, still warm in bags, and moving.

My only, and biggest gripe, is that they say on their website to MAKE SURE your system or qt is at 1.018-1.019 salinity because that is what their tanks are kept at and that’s what they’re shipped at. However, when the livestock arrived, every single bag was at 1.013. This became an issue because I already opened the bag to check the salinity, and found it did not match. So now the ammonia was beginning to rise in the bag while I rapidly had to try to change the salt level of my QT.

This is my only complaint so far, but in my opinion, is a major issue.

Hopefully all turns out well.
 
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new