reefbot users

johnston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys if your using a reefbot I would love to know whar test your running and who your using im setting mine up and looking for tested results thx

OP
OP
johnston

johnston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the moment im using API and Red Sea.
Red Sea Alk
Red Sea Mag
API Nitrate
API Calcium.
yes I bought the trident to so I was wanting to hit my nitrate and nitrite along with ammonia and possibly phosphate but not sure which reagents have been working best and how many bottles each use hoping for some more people to chime in I saw a post the other day of someone doing the same but cant find it now

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the trident too.
I'm setting up a new 180g reef that both the Trident and ReefBot will be on.

Don't bother with ammonia and nitrite on the ReefBot. You only need to test that stuff when you first set the tank up.
I will focus the ReefBot on nitrate, phosphate and maybe iodine.

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys if your using a reefbot I would love to know whar test your running and who your using im setting mine up and looking for tested results thx
I got mine in Dec. I've been using Tropic Marin Nitrate, red Sea phosphate, and salifert alkalinity. I tried API nitrate but my results were waaaay off vs manual testing with the same reagents. I spoke to customer service about it and they said API nitrate isn't accurate with a reef tank (sounds more like a cop out honestly). The rest of the reagents were pretty spot on.

mikedb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many users, including myself, have had success using the following:
  • Red Sea Alkalinity
  • Red Sea Phosphate
  • Tropic Marin Nitrate
  • API Calcium
I have performed hundreds of tests, and am happy with the consistently and accuracy.

jimc40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many users, including myself, have had success using the following:
  • Red Sea Alkalinity
  • Red Sea Phosphate
  • Tropic Marin Nitrate
  • API Calcium
I have performed hundreds of tests, and am happy with the consistently and accuracy.
Could you send me a link to the tropic Marin nitrate your using thanks

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my Reefbot is coming this week. Ordered Test Kits today.
Calcium - API - Is this testing accurate compared to manual test of higher quality ? Not a fan of API
Alkalinity - Red Sea
Magnesium - Red Sea
Nitrate - Fauna Marin - Anyone using this brand ?
Phosphate - Red Sea

Any input on the test reagents accuracy is greatly appreciated

Last edited:

mikedb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my Reefbot is coming this week. Ordered Test Kits today.
Calcium - API - Is this testing accurate compared to manual test of higher quality ? Not a fan of API
Alkalinity - Red Sea
Magnesium - Red Sea
Nitrate - Aqua Fauna - Anyone using this brand ?
Phosphate - Red Sea

Any input on the test reagents accuracy is greatly appreciated

Myself and several other users have had positive experiences using the API Ca. For the past 6 months I have tested every other day, and have received consistent, ICP-verified results.

Red Sea PO4 - great results, lasts a long time between refills

Red Sea Alk- great results that correlate with my Hanna checker. 11 tests between refills.

Aqua Fauna NO3- I’m not familiar with the test and nothing comes up when I search. Do you mean Fauna Marin? if so, I believe this is identical to the Tropic Marin year that is commonly and successfully used.

Red Sea Mag- I don’t test Mag, so I can’t comment. Note that with all the tests described above, you won’t have room for these reagents

Hope that helps!

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Myself and several other users have had positive experiences using the API Ca. For the past 6 months I have tested every other day, and have received consistent, ICP-verified results.

Red Sea Alk- great results that correlate with my Hanna checker. 11 tests between refills.

Aqua Fauna NO3- I’m not familiar with the test and nothing comes up when I search. Do you mean Fauna Marin? if so, I believe this is identical to the Tropic Marin year that is commonly and successfully used.

Red Sea Mag- I don’t test Mag, so I can’t comment. Note that with all the tests described above, you won’t have room for these reagents

Hope that helps!
Thank you for your input, and yes, that was a Typo( I edited it ) Fauna Marin - Nitrate.
Looking forward to seeing how this works out.
Didn't realize only 11 Test between refills on Alk. I'll probably test twice per day for awhile, then cut back as I get things dialed in. Thank you very much for your knowledge and support.

jimc40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your input, and yes, that was a Typo( I edited it ) Fauna Marin - Nitrate.
Looking forward to seeing how this works out.
Didn't realize only 11 Test between refills on Alk. I'll probably test twice per day for awhile, then cut back as I get things dialed in. Thank you very much for your knowledge and support.
The fauna marine nitrate test works well currently using it. The Red Sea phosphate tests a little higher than my Hanna checker but close enough.

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hope that helps!
Was planning on rotating some of the test out periodically. I'm understanding you can assign more test than will fiit, then you would just rotate the reagent out as the test schedule or manual test was performed. Is that correct ?

mikedb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was planning on rotating some of the test out periodically. I'm understanding you can assign more test than will fiit, then you would just rotate the reagent out as the test schedule or manual test was performed. Is that correct ?

While I have never done this, I just tried it in the app and swapping out tests/reagents seems to work smoothly.

Let me know how it goes! Enjoy your reefbot.

Benson Dizon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just ordered mine last week and it is coming this Friday, how is it for everyone, I have high hopes and hope it is not problematic like what other users are saying. i'm planning to test for Alkalinity, Calcium. Magnesium and Phosphate. Any suggestions? is it accurate as advertised?

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just ordered mine last week and it is coming this Friday, how is it for everyone, I have high hopes and hope it is not problematic like what other users are saying. i'm planning to test for Alkalinity, Calcium. Magnesium and Phosphate. Any suggestions? is it accurate as advertised?
You will be overwhelmed with happiness and its build quality. The testing so far is dead on with manual testing. I only have the reagents for PO4 and Magnesium, the other reagents are coming tomorrow. I'll update their accuracy tomorrow.

Back