Reefbreeders app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think that’s the point. This will always be an upgrade. So the lights as you purchased them will continue to be the same price or you can pay more for the upgrade when you buy them. I don’t think you’re missing out on anything.
@bcarm thanks for the helpful reply.

Just my opinion, but the existing programming method is a huge drawback to these lights when compared to most everyone else’s approach. I came from the Aqua Illumination lighting world where I thought programming was simple and robust. The idea of charging me extra so that programming Reef Breeder lights are on par (no pun intended) with their competitors is a losing value proposition.

So while I’ll probably have these lights for a while, I won’t hesitate to highlight the costs of add-ons to others on this and other forums.

bcarm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just my opinion, but the existing programming method is a huge drawback to these lights when compared to most everyone else’s approach. I came from the Aqua Illumination lighting world where I thought programming was simple and robust. The idea of charging me extra so that programming Reef Breeder lights are on par (no pun intended) with their competitors is a losing value proposition.

So while I’ll probably have these lights for a while, I won’t hesitate to highlight the costs of add-ons to others on this and other forums.
I don't love the way they need to be programmed without upgrades either, but I am also not programming them often enough at this point for it to be worthwhile.

My only need for this upgrade is that I have 3 of these lights on 2 different tanks in the same room. Very difficult to program independently. I'll likely just upgrade one of them.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The app upgrade is something that costs significant money to do- it's not free to make a robust app with cloud based programming. We invested a significant amount of time and money to add these features.

It's an optional upgrade as well, if you prefer lower cost over the extra features we worked hard to create, the V2+ is still available.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update to when it will be out
Per Reefbreeders on Jan 15

It should be available in a few weeks. Hardware is on its way to us now. Lights with the hardware pre-installed will take a couple months at least. If you order with us at the same time (lights and app upgrade) we can install them upon request.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Per Reefbreeders on Jan 15

It should be available in a few weeks. Hardware is on its way to us now. Lights with the hardware pre-installed will take a couple months at least. If you order with us at the same time (lights and app upgrade) we can install them upon request.
Hardware is in. However in order to release, we need to complete guide videos and manuals in order to create a better user experience-please allow some time to do so. Final additions to the app are complete- with more features on the way (sharing programs for one).

OGPincushion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There will be a few options. The V2+ as it is now, and an upgraded version with the app hardware installed. The upgrade kit will also be available for current lights.
Any update on that App software? Just got the new 48 and that would be very convenient

michealprater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hardware is in. However in order to release, we need to complete guide videos and manuals in order to create a better user experience-please allow some time to do so. Final additions to the app are complete- with more features on the way (sharing programs for one).
What will the price point be? Getting ready to convert to reefbreeders photons.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on that App software? Just got the new 48 and that would be very convenient
Software is good, hardware is good. Waiting on documentation. I can't allow full release without a solid guide video and instruction manual to go with the hardware :)

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
And for what it's worth, I just ordered one! hahaha

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I thought it was pre order?
It looks like it is, but it's supposed to ship next month anyway, so at least I'm on the list to get one soon (who knows, I beta test software and hardware all the time, maybe they'll send it to me anyway.....but really, there's no rush for me).

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it is, but it's supposed to ship next month anyway, so at least I'm on the list to get one soon (who knows, I beta test software and hardware all the time, maybe they'll send it to me anyway.....but really, there's no rush for me).
Good luck! Let us know how it goes once you receive it.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back