ReefBreeders Custom LED build

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I do not have a camera on me right now, those are phone pics :) I took a few outside of the shop, it was waaay to messy in there to get any good shots.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Thatgrimguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
539ac7e5.jpg

182cca0b.jpg

9a02de5b.jpg

b3762167.jpg

f8143d4a.jpg

Last shots I'm going to post before the lights are installed. Next time anyone sees a fresh shot of this tank, it will be with these supplements and my AIs!!

OP
OP
T

Thatgrimguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights already made it here! They look amazing, very fine details and very well made. Drilled, tapped and glued with excellent wire management. I'm extremely impressed! Thanks a lot!

I got it up over my tank and hooked up and ran into a snag. The lights are working fine when unplugged from my VDM module on my apex but not when it is plugged in.. I'm sure it's something silly I have done.. I tried a simple program on the the dimming ports that was a ramp profile of 0 min and 80 and 80. I'm going to try to make it last a minute and maybe that will fix it.. anyhow, here are the pics I took so far and the light on full while my AIs ramp up for the day.

d853e8c4.jpg

923b56ac.jpg

87edad7f.jpg

832c7165.jpg

cd2bff2e.jpg

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you test the color combo or just with gut? Not sure how strong the red led's are mixing color

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you test the color combo or just with gut? Not sure how strong the red led's are mixing color
I put them over my tank to test them, they definitely bring out the reds, and they are very bright, especially with optics. The colored LEDs add the spectrum that helps bring out the more subtle/harder to achieve coral colors.

OP
OP
T

Thatgrimguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After just 3 weeks with these new supplements I am already seeing an increase in growth and coloration of my SPS!! I'm EXTREMELY happy with unit. Now I just need to get my internet working so I can get the dimming fixed up right!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After just 3 weeks with these new supplements I am already seeing an increase in growth and coloration of my SPS!! I'm EXTREMELY happy with unit. Now I just need to get my internet working so I can get the dimming fixed up right!
Great to hear, give me a call when you're ready and I'll have them dimming in no time.

asmashling

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May i ask which exact Nanometers (nm) you have on Green and violet?

Thanks in advance

Cheers, Flow
Sent from Switzerland!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it looks like these lights went on to their next owner (they were sold). If you bought these, please post here :)

Cap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im interested in a couple of these fixtures but was wondering about the current led arrangement. Does the fixture now have 4 red leds? If so, would it be possible to switch one of those for another UV? Im also wanting to know, with the current arrangement, what type of light would you say the fixture resembles at full power.....10k, 12k etc? Thanks in advanved for your answers, your product certainly looks like a lot of bang for the buck!!!

Back