Reefbreeders Photon V2+ not interfacing with Fusion

Reeflier

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 4, 2020
Messages
12
Reaction score
15
Location
Flower Mound, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I installed the APEX interface boards into my Photon V2+ lights. I'm totally new to APEX and Fusion, but I seem to have successfully set everything up in the workshop (still a couple of weeks away from tank install) and Fusion sees the VDM module just fine. But when I plug the Photons into the VDMs the Photons individual channels just ramp up and down individually in a random pattern--as if stuck in a test mode. If I unplug the CAT 6 cables from the VDM units the lights return to off. In addition, I cannot see the Photons, nor their individual channels, in Fusion, as the installation video shows I should. Very frustrating. Any suggestions?
 
Hi, I installed the APEX interface boards into my Photon V2+ lights. I'm totally new to APEX and Fusion, but I seem to have successfully set everything up in the workshop (still a couple of weeks away from tank install) and Fusion sees the VDM module just fine. But when I plug the Photons into the VDMs the Photons individual channels just ramp up and down individually in a random pattern--as if stuck in a test mode. If I unplug the CAT 6 cables from the VDM units the lights return to off. In addition, I cannot see the Photons, nor their individual channels, in Fusion, as the installation video shows I should. Very frustrating. Any suggestions?
What does their tech support say?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new