Reefbreeders photon v2 schedules

BluTang85

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’ve owned these lights for about 6 months now and I’m still messing with the schedule. What are some of the light schedules and settings.

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running them 60% blue channels and about 14-15% white, red, green. That is my max for 6 hours, I have a ramp up in the morning and evening

Note: I was running the whites higher and liked the color but after time things paled presumably due to my low nutrients.

braappn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2030.JPG
IMG_2032.JPG

Here is mine.

14/23/70/30/67/67 for eight hours with quick ramps on either side. Been on this schedule a couple months now and it’s working real good, but was a bit of a roller coaster to get here.

Tank is one year old now but just started off fast. Lights too bright too fast. Lights too low to the water. Dosing too soon. Corals too soon. I had problems with terribly paling corals from bright lights and low nutrients. Also alk issues.

Brought the lighting down to low levels to kind of reset everything and slowly brought them back up. Everything is much more stable now and the lighting schedule is good.

Hope this helps.

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2030.JPG
IMG_2032.JPG

Here is mine.

14/23/70/30/67/67 for eight hours with quick ramps on either side. Been on this schedule a couple months now and it’s working real good, but was a bit of a roller coaster to get here.

Tank is one year old now but just started off fast. Lights too bright too fast. Lights too low to the water. Dosing too soon. Corals too soon. I had problems with terribly paling corals from bright lights and low nutrients. Also alk issues.

Brought the lighting down to low levels to kind of reset everything and slowly brought them back up. Everything is much more stable now and the lighting schedule is good.

Hope this helps.

I agree. I did the same. Too much light too fast. I'm working mine up again

No Rules Riders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I am going to try the chart that Dburr1014 has posted. I will let y'allknow the results when I see them.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.5%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.0%
Back