Reefbreeders photon v2 schedules

  • Thread starter Thread starter BluTang85
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BluTang85

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 3, 2018
Messages
3,181
Reaction score
5,363
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’ve owned these lights for about 6 months now and I’m still messing with the schedule. What are some of the light schedules and settings.
 
I'm running them 60% blue channels and about 14-15% white, red, green. That is my max for 6 hours, I have a ramp up in the morning and evening

Note: I was running the whites higher and liked the color but after time things paled presumably due to my low nutrients.
 
IMG_2030.JPG
IMG_2032.JPG


Here is mine.

14/23/70/30/67/67 for eight hours with quick ramps on either side. Been on this schedule a couple months now and it’s working real good, but was a bit of a roller coaster to get here.

Tank is one year old now but just started off fast. Lights too bright too fast. Lights too low to the water. Dosing too soon. Corals too soon. I had problems with terribly paling corals from bright lights and low nutrients. Also alk issues.

Brought the lighting down to low levels to kind of reset everything and slowly brought them back up. Everything is much more stable now and the lighting schedule is good.

Hope this helps.
 
IMG_2030.JPG
IMG_2032.JPG


Here is mine.

14/23/70/30/67/67 for eight hours with quick ramps on either side. Been on this schedule a couple months now and it’s working real good, but was a bit of a roller coaster to get here.

Tank is one year old now but just started off fast. Lights too bright too fast. Lights too low to the water. Dosing too soon. Corals too soon. I had problems with terribly paling corals from bright lights and low nutrients. Also alk issues.

Brought the lighting down to low levels to kind of reset everything and slowly brought them back up. Everything is much more stable now and the lighting schedule is good.

Hope this helps.


I agree. I did the same. Too much light too fast. I'm working mine up again
 
OK, I am going to try the chart that Dburr1014 has posted. I will let y'allknow the results when I see them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new