• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

ReefCleaners - Meh

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve ordered from ReefCleaners several times in the past and always a decent experience. I like the free shipping option over $75. Well just placed a new order and have since canceled it.

John reached out and said my order was required to be shipped UPS due to quantities ordered and asked if I wanted to upgrade or cancel. Based on my understanding of his explanation, I thought I just had to substitute something else in (no more than 3 water filled bags was explained and I had 4). After asking to sub something in he further explained all my items were limited to 3 of each species max per USPS shipping even though his own website states it is “recommended more than 5” for Pitho crabs be shipped UPS and I didn’t see it at the time but same for emeralds.

I had 5 Pitho, 6 emerald (my mistake on this one), 3 Trochus Snails and 1 Tectus Snail.

Given the cost of UPS, it would make my cost the same as local so no point in ordering. So I decided to cancel. Given that his website didn’t stop me when I placed my order (as nothing was starred) I guess I feel it should go through as it doesn’t say UPS is required but reccomended. Anyway, I myself probably won’t order from them again as it just left a bad taste due to poor website labeling but if they have something you like, have at it.

Perhaps if I had a huge order, UPS may make it worth it but not currently.

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to go ahead and retract my statement. After researching a few sites, ReefCleaners is by far the cheapest even with overnight shipping. At the time I posted this I was annoyed with the fact of having to cancel but yea. Local sources aren’t getting much of anything I need anytime soon and several of my tanks need a clean up crew top off, so that larger order is likely coming sooner vs later.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back