Reefcleaners

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I placed an order from them that was $67 and came with free 2-3 day shipping, upon checking out I saw an overnight UPS upgrade for $30. I paid for that in a separate transaction. I then received a PayPal request for another 14.50. Does any one know why they want the additional money. I sent them an email asking if this is correct but they have not responded. They don't have a phone number or actual email. You have to use the site to contact them.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed an order from them that was $67 and came with free 2-3 day shipping, upon checking out I saw an overnight UPS upgrade for $30. I paid for that in a separate transaction. I then received a PayPal request for another 14.50. Does any one know why they want the additional money. I sent them an email asking if this is correct but they have not responded. They don't have a phone number or actual email. You have to use the site to contact them.
Maybe the 14.50 is for ice packs or a styro. I've noticed he's been using regular boxes with soft padding recently. Due to the heat wave maybe went with better packaging.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure John will get back to you and explain. IMO the upgrade is needed. The USPS option for free shipping, while attractive, doesn’t usually work. It either takes longer than the 3-4 days or even if on time, with this weather we are having, everything arrives dead.

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure John will get back to you and explain. IMO the upgrade is needed. The USPS option for free shipping, while attractive, doesn’t usually work. It either takes longer than the 3-4 days or even if on time, with this weather we are having, everything arrives dead.
I agree, He wouldn't upgrade unless he thought it was necessary. And with shipping costs going through the roof, he is probably loosing some money just trying to stay competitive and high quality.

OP
OP
dadnjesse

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just checked the reefcleaners website. UPS overnight is 44.50.....not 30.
well it gave me the option of $30 dollar upgrade.

IMG_4540.JPG

Olefreebe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always had a great rapport. with them and it sounds like it was just a little bit of a mix-up in the order and the upgrade. Give them an opportunity to make things right and I'm sure you will have nothing but good things to say.

OP
OP
dadnjesse

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not saying anything bad about them, everything I've read has been positive. I'm just trying to figure out the confusion.

reefcleaners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sorry for the confusion! Just seeing this post now. UPS is $44.50 outside of FL, there are two ways to upgrade a Priority Mail order to UPS. If you had free Priority Mail, there is a $44.50 upgrade link, and if you paid $14.50 for Priority Mail, there is a $30 upgrade link. If you had free Priority Mail and paid the $30 upgrade it would result in a $14.50 balance still.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the confusion! Just seeing this post now. UPS is $44.50 outside of FL, there are two ways to upgrade a Priority Mail order to UPS. If you had free Priority Mail, there is a $44.50 upgrade link, and if you paid $14.50 for Priority Mail, there is a $30 upgrade link. If you had free Priority Mail and paid the $30 upgrade it would result in a $14.50 balance still.

That happened to me a while back and you explained the same thing. All good.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back