• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

ReefDudes Continuous Sand Bed Vacuum fitting

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
2,401
Reaction score
1,451
Location
Michigan (SE)
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Deven aka ReefDudes posted a DIY video long ago about a continuous vacuum cleaner, seen here. In his youtube video, he includes the BOM but if you read the comments and such you'll see he avoids listing the parts needed to fit the tube to the 1/2" NPT 90* barb (the parts he uses are not the best fitting for the job). I ended up making this for myself so I'll make it available for the community too.

Print specs:
Printer: Prusa i3 MK3S+ (top of the line)
Filament: PETG (reef safe!)
Layer height: .20mm (decent quality)
Parimeters: 4 (stronger and more rigid, the standard is 2, this will give you confidence when attaching a clamp)
Infill: 20% (a bit tougher, standard is 15%)
Print time: 3h

Cost: $18 (print time, material cost, s&h, minimal profit)
Shipping: 2-day USPS S&H ($8) is included

Model
:
1608923623076.png


Barb attached and inserted into tube. Note, this is a prototype photo, I'll update with the final build and quality.
PXL_20201225_191230831.jpg
 
I will take one when the final build is ready :)
 
I will take one when the final build is ready :)
Sounds good. I did some testing tonight and there was a small air leak between the tube and fitting, going to adjust the size a little. If that doesn't work I'll come up with something else.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new