Reefer 250 reviews???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mlb7225

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at getting a Red Sea Reefer 250. Would love to get some feedback from current/past owners. All in all is this a good reef system?

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at getting a Red Sea Reefer 250. Would love to get some feedback from current/past owners. All in all is this a good reef system?

They are a wonderful setup! About the only thing you may want to change is the ATO... it's a little small. But it will definitely get you by if needed. Some owners struggle with getting the drain valve tuned in correctly, but most don't have any issues. If needed, you could always swap that out for a gate valve.

Tegridy Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Great tank super easy but I'm having issues with my stand the doors are getting crackled

OP
OP
mlb7225

mlb7225

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a wonderful setup! About the only thing you may want to change is the ATO... it's a little small. But it will definitely get you by if needed. Some owners struggle with getting the drain valve tuned in correctly, but most don't have any issues. If needed, you could always swap that out for a gate valve.
I am also looking to see if I could install a custom sump w/fuge instead of the 11g standard sump as well as a larger ATO. I noticed the ATO size or lack there of right away.

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank super easy but I'm having issues with my stand the doors are getting crackled

I haven't heard of that complaint yet!?! I have had mine for over 2 years with zero issues on the stand/doors. Do you have pics?

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also looking to see if I could install a custom sump w/fuge instead of the 11g standard sump as well as a larger ATO. I noticed the ATO size or lack there of right away.

Absolutely! You can go full custom sump like I did.

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Broadfield Do you know where I can find the dimensions to the sump chamber of the 250?

The inside of the stand is larger than the sump... so do you want dimensions of the actual Red Sea sump or the dimensions of the inside of the Red Sea stand?

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Broadfield My apologies, I am looking for the inside dimensions of the actual stand where the sump would sit.

My good friend has one, so I'll have him get the exact footprint of the inside of the 250 stand and post that info here.... if you can please help us out @gmhammes

miniChou

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a 250. If you want to put in a custom sump you have no more than 17.25" x 31.75" to work with. This measurement accounts for the door hinges on the inside. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
mlb7225

mlb7225

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a 250. If you want to put in a custom sump you have no more than 17.25" x 31.75" to work with. This measurement accounts for the door hinges on the inside. Hope this helps.
Great, and good point on the hinges, I was missing that. Thank you!

Tegridy Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I haven't heard of that complaint yet!?! I have had mine for over 2 years with zero issues on the stand/doors. Do you have pics?
668b6246d244fdb2f04dcb11a3d68590.jpg

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Have you contacted Red Sea about that? I have not seen that complaint yet... so I imagine it's a very isolated incident. Is the white epoxy coating gone on that top edge or something?

Tegridy Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Have you contacted Red Sea about that? I have not seen that complaint yet... so I imagine it's a very isolated incident. Is the white epoxy coating gone on that top edge or something?
Yeah ill have to reach out to red sea about it not sure what epoxy coating u are talking about?

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah ill have to reach out to red sea about it not sure what epoxy coating u are talking about?

Maybe it's just the image, but it appears that the top edge of the door is brown... as in the raw MDF exposed. That should obviously be coated white like the rest of the door and stand.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back