Reefer 250 reviews???

That guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah its a huge surface crack that is going thru the white coat just started and keeps spreading

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
I've had mine for over 2 years now. Beautiful tank and well engineered. 2 points I will make. After 2 years, I found my self still wanting to experiment/do more with the tank, but with it being a 250, limited on what I could do with the space limitations. I have since started planning my next red sea build (525 or 625). Point 2 is kind of correlated to point 1 being that I outgrew my sump quickly with equipment I had/wanted to add. Maintenance became so annoying, with having to move everything around or even out of the sump, that I started taking stuff out. Definitely not a negative comment about red sea, just one of those questions you have to ask yourself, "am I going to want bigger or is this the right size?"

mariano

View Badges
Reaction score
did you end up buying the tank? we are moving in a few weeks and decided to buy the Red Sea 250 for the new apt, but dont know if its a good idea to have something that heavy on a 3rd floor , maybe we gonna end up getting the reefer 170. was wondering what are your cons and pros of the tank. Thanks!

The worst paradigm to hit the hobby is getting your nutrient levels as low as possible?

• Yes

Votes: 199 53.4%
  • No

Votes: 74 19.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 12 3.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 88 23.6%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors