Reefer 525XL Protein SKimmer

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2019
Messages
2,831
Reaction score
2,751
Location
Roseville
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am stuck whether I want to get an RSK 300 or RSK 600 for my 525XL. What do you guys think? It's not crazy stocked but I'm sure over the years it will increase a bit?
 
I run the RSK 600 in my RSR 525XL and it does a great job. You could get away with the RSK 300 depending on your stocking levels and intended corals, but you would be cleaning and emptying it more regularly. For a smaller tank the 600 is too big but from the 525 up I think the 600 is a good fit.

The only downside to the 600 is that it is a little noisy and the 300 would be quieter. I don’t mean really loud, but not dead silent either. My tank is in our lounge and it’s not an issue for us but it is noticeable at night when everything is off. So if you want an ultra-silent tank you may want to think about the 300 or another skimmer.
 
I run the RSK 600 in my RSR 525XL and it does a great job. You could get away with the RSK 300 depending on your stocking levels and intended corals, but you would be cleaning and emptying it more regularly. For a smaller tank the 600 is too big but from the 525 up I think the 600 is a good fit.

The only downside to the 600 is that it is a little noisy and the 300 would be quieter. I don’t mean really loud, but not dead silent either. My tank is in our lounge and it’s not an issue for us but it is noticeable at night when everything is off. So if you want an ultra-silent tank you may want to think about the 300 or another skimmer.

I wen't with the RSK 600, honestly the thing is amazing. It's already making skimmate.
 
So why is ours RSK 600 in a constant state of overflowing in our 525. ???
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new