Reefer, Dad, and one of our own was killed in a car wreck.

The Hidden Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Registered Member

My deepest sympathies to his family and friends. You will all be in our thoughts and prayers. I never meet him. I was made aware of this link and joined Reef 2 Reef The Hidden Reef Donated $100 and we will send out a link to our fans in our weekly E mail Special this week. We hope this will help a little.

The Hidden Reef

badger126

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for watching and keeping this at the top- I've added a kinect sensor to the auctions for Danny's stuff. Check it out in the fundraisers/auctions section. For those of you who have said things like "badger this is a great thing you are doing" and the like, please understand that I haven't done much of anything. I sent Rev a little note and he took care of everything. Him and the wonderful people who make up this community have done it all, not me. I appreciate the sentiment, and I am very honored to be able to do the little that I can for my friends, but the congratulations belongs to you guys. Thank you again for all you've done so far - for spreading the word and helping a family in need. Please everyone continue to put this on your facebooks, local reefing forums, etc so that we can make as much of this as possible. I'm sure that even if we hit the $5000 mark it still won't even come close to covering their hospital expenses. They still have all the expenses of a funeral, transportation, living, etc so lets do as much as we can with the little time we have!

gqjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there.I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet white doves in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there,I did not die.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New total is now $4,354.11!!

Thank you so much from the support of our community as well as other communities and organizations.

reefer916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a heartbreaking story and as a husband and father of two little boys I can't imagine what Danny's family must be going through right now. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family during this horrible loss of a wonderful person. I will discuss with my wife tonight how much we could donate or a coral pack we'll post for this fundraiser. God Bless and may he watch over Danny's family and his little girl. R2R and our members continue to amaze me.. Great job everyone, it's a pleasure to be a part of this community.

badger126

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked to Danny's wife today - as far as baby stuff she needs baby furniture besides a bassinet. I don't know any more than that, but I'm sure that any bottles, baby monitors, anything else that she might not have gotten yet would be welcome. Any of you parents know that you really don't know what you need until you need it. She doesn't even have the baby home yet so I'm sure there are things we can think of that she hasn't yet.

badger126

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way Danny's wife is planning on getting on here to thank everyone but shes been without a computer for a couple days since they're clearing out their place here in Idaho. Don't want anyone to think her ungrateful - I'm pretty sure she's beyond words about this whole thing and I know she's been reading along on peoples phones when she get a chance.

jbailz23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way Danny's wife is planning on getting on here to thank everyone but shes been without a computer for a couple days since they're clearing out their place here in Idaho. Don't want anyone to think her ungrateful - I'm pretty sure she's beyond words about this whole thing and I know she's been reading along on peoples phones when she get a chance.

She deserves it more than most people I know. Hopefully we can help alleviate some of the financial burden and she realizes how many people are here to help and how many lives Danny touched.

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It makes you wonder why things turn out this way. I'm so sorry for everyone's loss. Every penny has to help in some way, especially with a new born. God Bless-it

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First payment sent from donations.

reefer916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rev,

My son Christian and I posted a sps pack for auction on the donation thread. Let me know if there are any formalities that we're missing. Awesome job on raising money for Danny's family. I know there's no amount of money to replace a loved one, but I hope the sale of this pack will help.. PM me with any questions..

Here's the link

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/fu...7-christians-donation-pack-dannys-family.html

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back