vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
welcome33.gif

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey all.
New member here. Love the responses to people and the family oriented site. Previously a member of another forum which was a bit toxic about 20 years ago.

20 years ago I had a 150 gallon mostly fish and due to frequent address changes I had to get rid of the tank. It seems like there has been some changes in the hobby and DSB fell out of favor, LEDs have become affordable and a viable alternative to MH. A bit of catching up to do I suppose.

Currently I am working on a 39 gallon reef tank, which is cycled with live rock / sand and is going through the explosive algae growth stage. No cyno yet, but the hair algae is crazy. I have hired a clean-up crew which should be arriving on Wednesday, unless they are considered essential workers and strike until they get a raise.

39 gallon standard
Aquamaxx HOB 1.5
Fluval lights to start
Current-usa wave powerheads and dual IC pro.
Bunch of LR/LS from Salty Bottoms.

P5270076.JPG
Welcome! Lots of changes for sure, but most are definitely for the better!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all.
New member here. Love the responses to people and the family oriented site. Previously a member of another forum which was a bit toxic about 20 years ago.

20 years ago I had a 150 gallon mostly fish and due to frequent address changes I had to get rid of the tank. It seems like there has been some changes in the hobby and DSB fell out of favor, LEDs have become affordable and a viable alternative to MH. A bit of catching up to do I suppose.

Currently I am working on a 39 gallon reef tank, which is cycled with live rock / sand and is going through the explosive algae growth stage. No cyno yet, but the hair algae is crazy. I have hired a clean-up crew which should be arriving on Wednesday, unless they are considered essential workers and strike until they get a raise.

39 gallon standard
Aquamaxx HOB 1.5
Fluval lights to start
Current-usa wave powerheads and dual IC pro.
Bunch of LR/LS from Salty Bottoms.

P5270076.JPG
Welcome!

Glad you joined

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 104 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 80 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.7%
Back