Reefer madness

TraydersAnonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to reefing here from the Toronto area. I've kept cichlids before for quite a few years but decided with all the Cube and nanos out there and aio option available that I needed to try reefing.

Currently Im cycling a water box peninsula 15, I've made quite a few changes to the tank and upgrades to smoothen the learning curve.

Ive upgraded the Return pump to a Mighty jet 266 dc nano return. Im sure some may know how the water box aquariums have a small pump area in the back, the mighty jet seems to have sufficeint power to run the split rfgs just fine based on specs. ( ill keep those posted on this as I make the pump change if anyone is curious ).

Ive decided not to add a power head to the tank as I feel its just a little over kill for the size and with the more powerful pump I figured a VCA frg splitter with two head will suffice.

I went with an ATO on this tank as I have never even heard of them before I started researching Reefing. Tunze seems to have the machine with the most positive reviews and its nano model fits perfect in the WB 15 penins. Its been running now for a couple weeks and keeps the tank perfectly topped up and will not run over the allotted time of 2 mins i think. Redundancy is what was needed to allow myself to get one of these and trust it.

arag alive fiji pink and flat stacking rock is what I went with for hardscape and bottom material. Im very happy with the way the rock work came out on this my first aquascape tank that wasn't just store Bought things.

Im heating with a brs 100 watt titanium heater probe and an ink bird controller i found for cheap on amazon they pair really well and it works great.

I upgraded to a media basket and filter floss style for ease of cleaning.

so far thats wear I'm at. I have a few packages coming this week with VCA parts and the pump as well i can give an update on how they fit in. I'm not the best at these posts but I wanted to share what I've been proud of so far.

OP
OP
TraydersAnonymous

TraydersAnonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000002465.jpg

OP
OP
TraydersAnonymous

TraydersAnonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the look! Wish I worked from home so I could stare at my tank all day
A month ago I was a transportation maintenance worker for the city. I've always been in labour jobs. Trucking heavy equipment. Lockdown got my mind working and I learnt how to invest and trade stocks. I went out on a limb but at some point in life you have to challenge yourself to find your true capability. so in truth i took two dives here haha reefing and day trading

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back