Reefer S-1000 new reef build

traderstank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Pretty new to this site but it has been such a wonderful resource, thank you all very much.

I am upgrading my current 50g tank to a Red Sea Reefer 210g S-1000. If you have one please let me know your opinions about them. Tank should be delivered here within the next couple of weeks.

That being said I'd like opinions on some of the gear I got and what additional gear you may suggest. This will be a mixed reef tank. I am brining over a Blue Hippo, two clowns, handful of Corals, Goby/pistol combo, and, hopefully, just one of my six bubble tip nems as well as my live rock.

Chose to run the Apex system; have the controller, return pump, Trident water analyzer, ATO, auto feeder, and doser, Fuge light.
Will have Red Sea LED 160s (3 of them), Red Sea Skimmer 900, and because the tank allows for two return pumps also have the Syncra SDC 9.0.
Also have two reef wave 45's.

Heard some folks mention maybe having electrician come out and make a dedicated outlet just for the tank, also heard maybe have someone go under house and inspect area where tank will be set up. Thoughts on this? House built in 2021.

Looking for aquascaping ideas?

Idea of this tank is to make a communal. In that I mean it will have a dedicated YouTube channel where it streams 24/7. As I add animals to the tank I will put polls on IG, You Tube and have people vote on what should go in the tank. I've always wanted a reef tank and I know for a lot of people money is what keeps them from enjoying this hobby. So, with the money I make trading stock options, I am hoping to build a tank that many people will get to enjoy.

Thanks for all your help.

OP
OP
T

traderstank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did order the Red Sea 160s (3 of them) as they were heavily discounted when purchasing with the Reefer S-1000. They also had some good reviews on them. I never heard of SKY until now, they look awesome and, if the Red Sea ones don't work out I will definitely give them a try.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back