REEFER Skimmers are HERE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
These look beautiful and well built and of course available via Marine depot who is always on top of innovation.

Im the person who pays attention to New product but also looks for field feedback and testimony from others before deciding on purchase. Im watching these for sure

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
These look beautiful and well built and of course available via Marine depot who is always on top of innovation.

Im the person who pays attention to New product but also looks for field feedback and testimony from others before deciding on purchase. Im watching these for sure

Thank you for your kind words!

They've been available at brick and mortar stores for a bit. Now that e-commerce aquarium stores like MD have them available, we should begin to see a lot more reviews on our site and testimonials here on R2R about performance, maintenance, sound, etc..

We have one at the office we're really looking forward to playing with!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

PS:
Here is Benji pouting because we haven't set it up yet:

benji-and-the-reefer.jpg

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words!

They've been available at brick and mortar stores for a bit. Now that e-commerce aquarium stores like MD have them available, we should begin to see a lot more reviews on our site and testimonials here on R2R about performance, maintenance, sound, etc..

We have one at the office we're really looking forward to playing with!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

PS:
Here is Benji pouting because we haven't set it up yet:

benji-and-the-reefer.jpg

If you are Not pleased with it, you can send it to me for testing LOL

I have multiple tanks and seeking info for which tank will be a best fit

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score

Butuz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I got RSK 300 and replaced my Nyos 120. Red Sea RSK 300 skimmer was waaaay too loud, excessive noise coming from the air chamber. I designed a new air chamber and after a few iterations on my 3d printer, my new air chamber is day and night from stock one. It is a lot quieter now and still matches the skimmer, looks native!

C838F140-04C7-40A2-ADA3-C345BAB73E6C.jpeg

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
I got RSK 300 and replaced my Nyos 120. Red Sea RSK 300 skimmer was waaaay too loud, excessive noise coming from the air chamber. I designed a new air chamber and after a few iterations on my 3d printer, my new air chamber is day and night from stock one. It is a lot quieter now and still matches the skimmer, looks native!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

We haven't set ours up quite yet, so I am not familiar with noise level, although NYOS is widely regarded as delivering high performance without excessive noise. What motivated you to switch anyhow?

Also, nice handiwork with the 3D printing!

How is the Klir filter working out for you?

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Butuz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

We haven't set ours up quite yet, so I am not familiar with noise level, although NYOS is widely regarded as delivering high performance without excessive noise. What motivated you to switch anyhow?

Also, nice handiwork with the 3D printing!

How is the Klir filter working out for you?

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Hi Jeff,

The primary motivation was due to skimmer cup size. I travel a lot and wanted to have a larger skimmer cup. I also like their drain line, - something my wife can do while I am away. She could never remove Nyos cup. The large skimmer size was a bonus, my PH is now consistenstly at 8.5 (used to be 8.3-8.4), ORP is high. Must be the larger skimmer body and gas exchange. And, finally, the color match with my plumbing was a nice bonus. :)

Klir was for the same reason, I am frequenly gone for 2-3 days and hated to see it turn into a food trap with nitrates and phos jumping up and down contingent on me replacing filter pads. I had to dremmel and customize the Reefer 250 sock tray to accomodate, but super happy with Klir now. Each roll lasts me 6 weeks at least and I feed heavily.

Btw, customer of Marine Depot. You guys are great. Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi Jeff,

The primary motivation was due to skimmer cup size. I travel a lot and wanted to have a larger skimmer cup. I also like their drain line, - something my wife can do while I am away. She could never remove Nyos cup. The large skimmer size was a bonus, my PH is now consistenstly at 8.5 (used to be 8.3-8.4), ORP is high. Must be the larger skimmer body and gas exchange. And, finally, the color match with my plumbing was a nice bonus. :)

Klir was for the same reason, I am frequenly gone for 2-3 days and hated to see it turn into a food trap with nitrates and phos jumping up and down contingent on me replacing filter pads. I had to dremmel and customize the Reefer 250 sock tray to accomodate, but super happy with Klir now. Each roll lasts me 6 weeks at least and I feed heavily.

Btw, customer of Marine Depot. You guys are great. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for your kind words! We all learn from each other—so I enjoy the dialogue! We've been using the ClariSea here in the office for 3 months now and I believe we're only on our second roll of fleece. It's definitely been a huge help! I think we have another fleece filter roller option from AquaMaxx coming in May. My colleague Ivan has been beta testing it and he says it's really easy to swap out the media. I was scrolling through your build thread—love all the matching colors and customization!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back