Reefer Tank Weights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just curious if anyone knew the tank weights. Just the tanks themselves, not the whole pallet weight or system weight. Ordering a 525 or 625 soon and trying to plan a "move into the house" plan. Not sure if 2 people would be able to easily lift it, should I get glass suction grips, etc.

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 525 is heavy. I only had one helper, no suction cups. Got it done but it was risky in retrospect. The weights are in the RedSea documents.

Rich1987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just curious if anyone knew the tank weights. Just the tanks themselves, not the whole pallet weight or system weight. Ordering a 525 or 625 soon and trying to plan a "move into the house" plan. Not sure if 2 people would be able to easily lift it, should I get glass suction grips, etc.

My 750 was a heavy SOB. We had four guys total loading into my diesel truck because it’s so high not the pallet and all that just the tank from the LFS..... when I got home just me and my buddy carried it from the truck into the house... was it smart, absolutely not.... was it possible absolutely... no gloves no suction cups... but we are both powerlifters and both have long arms so the wide grip we needed wasn’t terrible.

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 750 was a heavy SOB. We had four guys total loading into my diesel truck because it’s so high not the pallet and all that just the tank from the LFS..... when I got home just me and my buddy carried it from the truck into the house... was it smart, absolutely not.... was it possible absolutely... no gloves no suction cups... but we are both powerlifters and both have long arms so the wide grip we needed wasn’t terrible.
750 Is definitely a heavy beast. 941lb shipping weight on the pallet and glass alone is in the 550 pound range.

Rich1987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
750 Is definitely a heavy beast. 941lb shipping weight on the pallet and glass alone is in the 550 pound range.

Here is the tank

DFD50DD1-71B0-4C2B-885C-9B554A8E198F.jpeg

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took six of us to move my 750xxl onto the stand this weekend. Probably could have moved it with four people but we had extra people there anyway just in case. Plus we had to carry it about 15 feet across the room.

20180107_164754.jpg

20171228_163449.jpg

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It had the LFS assemble and do the initial set up of mine. Took 3 experienced workers to move the tank. I was impressed but these guys do tanks all day everyday. I’d definitely use 4+ people if I was assuming liability

Firedawg1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
625XXL tank itself is right at 300 lbs. took three of us to move it off pallet in garage into the house and then two of us to lift it and put it on the stand

OP
OP
mjlash22

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Straight out of the Red Sea book

C1509C44-CEA0-4815-848A-2FAB5B4BCAD7.jpeg
Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. I downloaded the PDF manual from their website, but either missed it or it wasn't in there. Ordered the 525 and going to attempted moving with 2 people. Should be fun!

Firedawg1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only issue I had by moving my 625 was when we lifted the tank off the pallet the stand top was sticking to the bottom of the tank every time we tried to lift it, it was way too heavy for three of us to lift it up and try and pull the stand top down off the bottom of the tank but we ended up getting it.

Bos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 guys lifted my 525XL onto the cabinet. Took 3 of them to get it into flat though.

RegalMark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys i could do with some advice id like reefer xxl 750 my mate works in construction and he says i wouldnt need to add any structural support on my joists its going in my dining room downstairs next to load bearing wall and would go over a few joists those joists are also supprting my stairs.
Any advice ideas or info would be much appreciated.

Firedawg1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys i could do with some advice id like reefer xxl 750 my mate works in construction and he says i wouldnt need to add any structural support on my joists its going in my dining room downstairs next to load bearing wall and would go over a few joists those joists are also supprting my stairs.
For the total weight I would put in an extra support regardless do you have a basement or crawl space? I have the 625xxl over a crawl space and I tore out all the old sub flooring sistered the joists it would be over and boxed in a frame. That’s after I dug in clay about 3 feet down and poured concrete pads with rebar and added jacks. I went a little excessive but better safe than sorry

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any pictures of underneath where the tank will be going ??

RegalMark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi sorry cant get under the crawl space yet will soon though my builder tells me not to worry as the joists hild up the stairs anyway and my engineer mate but im not convinced. My problem is i actually have no idea how to add supprt to my floor sorry if that sounds stupid lol.

Firedawg1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi sorry cant get under the crawl space yet will soon though my builder tells me not to worry as the joists hild up the stairs anyway and my engineer mate but im not convinced. My problem is i actually have no idea how to add supprt to my floor sorry if that sounds stupid lol.
Not stupid at all! just measure from ground to bottom of joists you can go to Home Depot, menards, etc, get a floor jack, and a concrete pad(I think they use them for 4x4s for decking). Depending on how big your tank is I would put at least two in. I did two for my Red Sea 625XXL. I also poured reinforced concrete 3 feet deep so the jack stands could sit on. A little excessive but it’s good. I also framed the joists to the outer size of the stand. Ok I went way overboard!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back