OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this lil sucker last night...usually I wait a little while to share but even though this thing is tiny the photo came out well so I decided to share it...Darth Maul Favia

FishDooD65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing thread you have here! Love all the coral shots. I have tried to read as much as I could through all of it but I didn't see any pics of your sump/setup for filtration. any chance you can share that with us? also what do you dose or feed to your fish and corals? thanks in advance!

Defect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this lil sucker last night...usually I wait a little while to share but even though this thing is tiny the photo came out well so I decided to share it...Darth Maul Favia

That favia is the last favia I want to add to my collection. Beautiful.

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing thread you have here! Love all the coral shots. I have tried to read as much as I could through all of it but I didn't see any pics of your sump/setup for filtration. any chance you can share that with us? also what do you dose or feed to your fish and corals? thanks in advance!
Thanks for taking the time to check everything out...its a long thread lol...sorry I dont post much about my tank...not really a huge equipment guy...I run an 8 bulb ATI T5 with 2 blue reefbright LEDS...bulb combo is 6 blue+ 1 coral+ and a fiji PURP...I have 3 mp40 and about to add the 4th one, I run them all on reef crest full blast...I have a huge ATB 1050 skimmer, GFO and a carbon reactor with BRS media...I use a bubble mag dosser and dose 2 part b ionc alk and cal...Tunze ATO..all controlled by an Apex controller...I keep a large amount of fish mainly anthais which I feed about 4-5 times a day random frozen food or pellets..they then in return feed my coral...years ago I would hand feed my LPS but I have way to much coral these days to do it and got burnt out (if you can it is good to feed a few times a week) my display is a custom 120 with a 40 breeder as a sump...I believe long term stability is the most important thing to keeping coral thriving...I do a 5 gallon water change about 3 times a week...I feel the smaller more frequent water changes create less swings and allows me to pull out all the un needed waist from feeding constantly...I like to run high nutrient import/export keeping my nitrates between 10-20 for best color...hope that answered some of your questions.

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That favia is the last favia I want to add to my collection. Beautiful.
I am not a huge Favia gut but lately they are so nice they have been growing on me...I got this one from a buddy and had always loved his colony, when I stopped by the other night he had a frag and hooked it up :) ...if you can get it pick it up for sure...its a nice one...good luck!

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really loving this one... I have seen a lot of orange or gold type chalices come in but none like this one, its the closest I have seen to the OG Orenji...
IMG_1807.jpg

Here is my Orenji that just does not grow lol
IMG_1794.jpg

H2O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice I got the same favia mine is in low light area and the colors got better nice pics btw keep em coming

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible as always!! If your ever in NJ I want to to photograph my tank!! Lol

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well those are both gorgeous
Thanks! I am really digging the Orenji look alike a lot...its been one of those ones you stop and look at every time you pass the tank lol
killing it!
Thanks bro!!!
Nice I got the same favia mine is in low light area and the colors got better nice pics btw keep em coming
yeah I just got it a few days ago...it was given to me by a buddy...he was like "here I know you can make this thing grow" lol...I was taking a pic of something next to it and snapped one of it while I was close...was surprised how much detail it had for being so small.
Incredible as always!! If your ever in NJ I want to to photograph my tank!! Lol
Thanks!!! that would be a lot of fun to be able to photograph a collection like yours...you NJ guys have a lot of heat over there :)

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a thing for blue corals with glowing eyes...hopefully the black around the eyes will start to show more...I need to get a top down of this one, you really cant see the black well from this angle
IMG_1816.jpg

reggaedrummin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a thing for blue corals with glowing eyes...hopefully the black around the eyes will start to show more...I need to get a top down of this one, you really cant see the black well from this angle
IMG_1816.jpg
Wow! Blue is my favorite color in coral...and in most things for that matter. That is gorgeous! I want a frag if/when you frag it.

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sweet chalice
Thanks! I am really enjoying that one as it colors up :)
Wow! Blue is my favorite color in coral...and in most things for that matter. That is gorgeous! I want a frag if/when you frag it.
Yeah same here...something about blue and pink corals get me going...what you need to do is just come down here and hand pick from my collection :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back