OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again man for letting me check out the tank while I was on vacation! You have some amazing coral and beautiful tanks. Whenever you're ready let me know
Thanks for stopping by...I had a good time being able to finally talk to someone who knows what they are looking at...come back any time bud! and yeah Ill let you know when I plan to cut some stuff up ;)
i say the morph
IDK...I really liked how yellow the disk was...but then the new one has some cool black...the old one was taken just under the Blue LED's and the new pic was under t5s and LEDs...hard to pick one lol...either way I am happy I didn't lose them
Dang nice shots Andy!
Thanks Bud!!! glad you have found some time to roam the site still...must be a busy man these days :)

Last edited:

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoying your awesome pics over morning coffee. Great way to start the day! Loving that yellow fever! Does it look similar to that Atlantis red polyp clathrata in person? I'd love to buy a chunk of that off of you sometime! Keep up the great work!

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoying your awesome pics over morning coffee. Great way to start the day! Loving that yellow fever! Does it look similar to that Atlantis red polyp clathrata in person? I'd love to buy a chunk of that off of you sometime! Keep up the great work!
Funny you bring that acro up cause when I first bought it that was what I was hopping it was going to look like...but who knows what the RPC really looks like since no one ever really was able to grow it out or get it to branch...not even the mother colony at Atlantis really had branches...I had a small frag and they are the same color yellow but the polyps aren't as red...one thing they have that is similar is they both don't grow, so getting a frag off me will be hard to do let alone a chunk...I have a long list of people waiting for me to cut that one, and most likely wont cut it.... but from time to time I do cut another one that I call The Cure since it grows faster just thinner branches, I probably wont be cutting it for a while tough since I just cut it not to long ago...I really try to just let my stuff grow..check back with me in a few months and I may be down to cut it then...
Here was my old frag of the Ref Polyp Clathrata that never really branched...
IMG_9901.jpg

Last edited:

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No pressure, buddy! I totally understand letting things grow in a little! I make it down to your neck of the woods every few months, if you decide the cure needs a haircut in the future lemme know. It would be a great excuse to check out that tank in person!

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No pressure, buddy! I totally understand letting things grow in a little! I make it down to your neck of the woods every few months, if you decide the cure needs a haircut in the future lemme know. It would be a great excuse to check out that tank in person!
Yeah for sure! I love to put faces with names..just give me a little bit of a heads up before you plan to take a trip down here and I will precut some stuff for you.

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Favia still needs some time to color up but I am thinking its the same one as another one I have that I really like...I forget what the name of it is but if it is the same I will be very happy....looking forward to watching this one.
IMG_2232.jpg

Here is the one I forgot the name of...
IMG_7734.jpg

I don't know why I haven't got a updated pic of it but you can see it more grown out in the back round
IMG_0605.jpg

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so jealous of your chalices. Great stuff as always bud.

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so jealous of your chalices. Great stuff as always bud.
Thanks bro! how is everything going...no need to be jealous, I guess we will have to fix that soon :) my tank is so over crowed I really need to break out the blade soon...sucks though cause you no me, I don't really ever cut my stuff lol...I guess I have problems...but now I have space problems which is even worse lol....time to set up another tank lol

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bro! how is everything going...no need to be jealous, I guess we will have to fix that soon :) my tank is so over crowed I really need to break out the blade soon...sucks though cause you no me, I don't really ever cut my stuff lol...I guess I have problems...but now I have space problems which is even worse lol....time to set up another tank lol

Things are good man, I've stepped back a little from the complex tank schedule Ive always kept and am running things more simple lately. Ive noticed some stuff doing better this way and some stuff liking it the other way, cant win them all I guess. With things not being so sterile these days it may be time to give chalices another try but Im not sure my angels would allow it, Im pretty sure another tank would be in the mix if I were to start keeping chalices.

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are good man, I've stepped back a little from the complex tank schedule Ive always kept and am running things more simple lately. Ive noticed some stuff doing better this way and some stuff liking it the other way, cant win them all I guess. With things not being so sterile these days it may be time to give chalices another try but Im not sure my angels would allow it, Im pretty sure another tank would be in the mix if I were to start keeping chalices.
Sometimes taking a break is needed...I am jealous, I have always loved and wanted some angles...no chance I could risk it with all my LPS...I am setting up a 40 breeder just for chalice, I just set up a tank for polyps only and also a 38 nuvo nem tank, so the chalice tank is next and I plan to make my display SPS only. :)

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this red plate...I remember when red plates were supper hard to find, and even then like it is now most of the time they were just maroon..this one is a supper nice TRUE RED plate, the only other one I have seen like it is one that ATL sold back in the days...
IMG_2379.jpg

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this one, it going to be fun to watch grow out...I always love this color combo...
IMG_2494.jpg

Back