zoasaholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one reminds me of one of those 60's Hippie tie-dye shirts
IMG_2380.jpg
Love this one
Do you ever have corals die in the tank for no reason?

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this one
Do you ever have corals die in the tank for no reason?
All the time...I just don't show off the dead ones cause I'm not proud of them :) If people tell you they never kill things they are lying...here is one of my bad episodes form a few years ago..the important thing is to figure out why it happened and learn from the mistake....it will always be something, and thats why we never stop learning :)
image.jpg

Last edited:

Defect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the time...I just don't show off the dead ones cause I'm not proud of them :) If people tell you they never kill things they are lying...here is one of my bad episodes form a few years ago
image.jpg

This sucks...I can only imagine how nice most of those were.

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sucks...I can only imagine how nice most of those were.
It happens...almost pushed me to stop doing sps...but sticks are in my blood so it wasn't long before the tank was full of them again :) what I learned is not to get attached to coral, and even more important always back the stuff up with a few trusted buddies.

shayna123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have spent the last few hours going through your thread. What a gorgeous collection!!! So glad you never gave up through the tough times. I love your reefing philosophy and your dedication. Your photography is tremendous too! I also love your life philosophy, always so positive and your weekends are for family attitude! Thanks for a very enjoyable Saturday night!!!!

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have spent the last few hours going through your thread. What a gorgeous collection!!! So glad you never gave up through the tough times. I love your reefing philosophy and your dedication. Your photography is tremendous too! I also love your life philosophy, always so positive and your weekends are for family attitude! Thanks for a very enjoyable Saturday night!!!!
Thank you! I think this is one of the nicest complements I have gotten here on R2R, I really appreciate it! This hobby will always be filled with ups and downs and sometimes you just want to give up...but once you are in this hobby it stays in your blood...My family luckily loves the tank and I even set up a tank for my son..I think it is so cool that at 7 he knows about the hobby and what things are...We tend to have a busy schedule so I feel putting them first is very important, as long as I keep weekend for them and stick to it we will be strong as a family..I did not grow up with a family like this so I feel it is important to break the chain... well thanks again for taking the time to check out my thread and even more for such a kind comment..please subscribe cause I will be posting much more :)

FLipp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i need to add some more to my tank, loving the new ones that have been coming around.

shayna123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I think this is one of the nicest complements I have gotten here on R2R, I really appreciate it! This hobby will always be filled with ups and downs and sometimes you just want to give up...but once you are in this hobby it stays in your blood...My family luckily loves the tank and I even set up a tank for my son..I think it is so cool that at 7 he knows about the hobby and what things are...We tend to have a busy schedule so I feel putting them first is very important, as long as I keep weekend for them and stick to it we will be strong as a family..I did not grow up with a family like this so I feel it is important to break the chain... well thanks again for taking the time to check out my thread and even more for such a kind comment..please subscribe cause I will be posting much more :)

A lot of the lessons learned in reefing could be used in parenting! My kids are 12 & 15 now and they value our family weekends as much as my husband & I, even as teenagers! Time is the most precious gift you can give them.
Have subscibed...looking forward to updates and pics of your beautiful tank!

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i need to add some more to my tank, loving the new ones that have been coming around.
Yeah same here :)
A lot of the lessons learned in reefing could be used in parenting! My kids are 12 & 15 now and they value our family weekends as much as my husband & I, even as teenagers! Time is the most precious gift you can give them.
Have subscibed...looking forward to updates and pics of your beautiful tank!
Soo true! I believe animals are one of the best things for kids! thanks for the Sub :)
What is this?
Its a no namer I got from a buddy...amazing isn't it :)

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooooo. Love that appleberry! Mine's slowly growing and the polyps are nice 'n' blue, but the green isn't nearly as brilliant! Got any suggestions?

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooooo. Love that appleberry! Mine's slowly growing and the polyps are nice 'n' blue, but the green isn't nearly as brilliant! Got any suggestions?
Yeah its one of my favorites...this one I have been growing for years so its supper healthy..this is also under my T5s with LED's...the LED's really pop the green.

Vpham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Andy.
I am glad to see u got well, I ve been so busy at work lately, haven't had time to respond about those shrooms. They r doing great btw, especially a super man. I love that one most.
Anyway, I read ur thread, and like the way u express it. I don't wanna repeat what others complied, but I would say u r a down - to - earth typically man and that admires me...
Vu.

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Andy.
I am glad to see u got well, I ve been so busy at work lately, haven't had time to respond about those shrooms. They r doing great btw, especially a super man. I love that one most.
Anyway, I read ur thread, and like the way u express it. I don't wanna repeat what others complied, but I would say u r a down - to - earth typically man and that admires me...
Vu.

No worries I have been busy as well...I am glad to hear everything look great and you are happy with the pack :) I have been growing that supper man for many years...just wait till it starts to get the bubbles and you will be really happy...I have noticed high flow will help speed that up...and thanks for the great complement :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back