09a1105b9ceebe1963a279faf97894dc.jpg
PC Rainbow starting to color up
3e482c206e56db011848220c27e908c6.jpg

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good bud, im about to builder a larger grow out tank too. What are the frag tiles you are using made of?

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good bud, im about to builder a larger grow out tank too. What are the frag tiles you are using made of?

They are raw unfinished unglazed travertine, they used to sell them at Lowes, not sure if they still do. Pristine Rock does a pretty cool 3x3 with plug hole in the center if you wanna check them out.

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are raw unfinished unglazed travertine, they used to sell them at Lowes, not sure if they still do. Pristine Rock does a pretty cool 3x3 with plug hole in the center if you wanna check them out.
Im from Australia so no Lowes here, will look into getting some travertine tiles and cutting up. Good idea to cover egg crate with it too. Will stop things growing between the eggcrate possibly.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im from Australia so no Lowes here, will look into getting some travertine tiles and cutting up. Good idea to cover egg crate with it too. Will stop things growing between the eggcrate possibly.

Oh well whatever hardware store you have that sells tile. Just make sure it’s not glazed. Also you’ll want to soak them in RO water for at least a week or two. G’day mate

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My CBB has decimated my aptasia problem in his tank. I never actually saw him eat one, and it either took him about 3 weeks to start eating them or he started with very small ones. I noticed I was seeing less and less about a week ago, only seeing very large ones. Now I only see a few. So be patient with your CBB he will get to the aptasia eventually. I added a second CBB to my system, however he is in another tank and will be working on clearing that one of aptasia. I think I got lucky bc both my CBB also east frozen mysis soaked in selcon.

A month ago I had over 200 aptasia in a 24x48x16 tank. Now I see none! He did a great job!

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made some changes today so I figured I’d record them

Every reefer knows that when we are kind of idle with our tanks, just waiting on stuff to grow, we start nitpicking at every little thing that we just maybe can get a little bit closer to ideal. So my ph has always ran a little on the low side, averaging about 7.87, so today I added a fresh air line from outside to my skimmer. Within an hour my ph reached a new high of 8.14, so I’m excited to see what happens with that after 24 hrs or so. I’ll post the data tomorrow to show how it affected my tank.
I started with Acropower again! I haven’t used this since my nano tank where I paired it with AV Fuel. And I had great results, I wanted everything to settle down in my new system before starting it again.
I made an order from LiveAquaria a week ago and everything came in on Tuesday, I ordered 10 chromis, 2 clowns, and another CBB for the frag tub. Only one chromis didn’t make it, so I consider that a win. Along with that I decided to try something else new!
Not sure why I’ve never tried this but, I decided that I should take better care of my fish if I really expect them to take good care of my coral. So I started soaking my mysis in Selcon. Selcon enhances the nutritional value to your food, it’s rich in fatty acids like omega-3 and vitamin C and B12. And you don’t have to refrigerate it. I look at this like adding your favorite sauce to any food, like what’s a burger without dukes mayo? Or some chicken wings without ranch? Haha I feel like this food is giving my fish what they need and they love it, it also feeds filter feeding corals which is always a plus! A small bottle of Selcon is cheap and goes a long way bc you only use about .5 ml every time you feed! I highly recommend it.
I ran out of my other coral food so I decided to ditch it and go back to the tried and true Reef Roids! I love this stuff and so do my corals, this stuff is proven by so many reefers and I think is a must when it comes to the diet of your tank.

If anyone can think of something I missed or suggest something to me, I’m really getting into feeding my tank, and learning about it. I’d like to stop dosing KNO3 and earn nutrients the natural way.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up some awesome pieces at coral bargain warehouse today and I gotta say, I’m gonna be frequenting this place a lot more often! Rods sticks looked amazing!

7ce1597d6c622ac6b81149a45a0b98ab.jpg
I’ve been wanting this piece for a while
WWC Grizzly Adams
84dedb18d27c844a46e4139c77ca92b5.jpg
And this is a no name piece but it looked so good I had to scoop it up!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back