OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, beautiful tank! I kind of just skimmed through your thread, but is that a yellow fiji leather? Looks to be from your pics, but can't quite tell. If it has, have you ever tried fragging it? I've got a regular neon green polyped toadstool that I've fragged many times with no problems, but am a bit hesitant to do so with my yellow toadstool based on what I've read.

Looking forward to seeing continued progress with your system :)
I am not really sure what you would call it. I went on the softie forum and asked, I was told that its just a toadstool lol. It has fragged itself a bit but the frags are shadowed so they dont grow the best.

Maybe Ill try to remove the small frags and give them more light. I could try fragging the edges that break the waters surface sometime too.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I was re-reading your thread because I'm researching Refugiums for the Nuvo 30L. Do you find the Fuge Basket beneficial, or if I can skip it? I was also wondering how you decided on your Macro Algae? Most refugiums I see have chaeto so I was wondering if there was a tank specific reason for it, or personal preference. I was also thinking of something that grows in a stock instead of a clump.

Also your toad stool looks awesome, I'm jealous.

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I was re-reading your thread because I'm researching Refugiums for the Nuvo 30L. Do you find the Fuge Basket beneficial, or if I can skip it? I was also wondering how you decided on your Macro Algae? Most refugiums I see have chaeto so I was wondering if there was a tank specific reason for it, or personal preference. I was also thinking of something that grows in a stock instead of a clump.

Also your toad stool looks awesome, I'm jealous.
The fuge basket keeps the macro in place. Otherwise it would flow into the return pump chamber. I simply used what was available in my local reef club. If I was going to do it again I would try chaeto.

ramona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while. The tank has been tuning fishless with no water changes this whole time. Found a nice deal on a mature pair of clowns so I grabbed them. I really don't mind not having fish in the tank but I think they should make the tank more interesting for non reefer. Now the question is if I am going to put the lid back on. I hate how much light reflects off the stock lid so I might modify it if I use one at all.

IMG_20200116_162914.jpg IMG_20200116_162058.jpg
May I ask what setting you have for your lights? I ask because I think in the prior pictures (July 24) the BTAs were at the top of the rocks. I have 2 kessils a160we over cvue 18g and still trying to find par/pur numbers on the net for a 13" high tank. My 1 BTA multiplied to 6 in 10 month. Thank you

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back