Reefi leds, has anyone tried them

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

danlu_gt

View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry for the broken link. I've updated my domain name to work with DNS service. How you can reach our website at:

www.reefi-lab.com

Let me tell you a little about ReeFi and our product ReeFi LED.

ReeFi is a start-up combining both my passion of reef keeping and computer engineering. I’ve worked most of my career at Intel designing microprocessors, and with the support of my loving wife, we decided to start this new venture. With months of experimenting on different LED combination to bring out colors of the fish as well as excellent coral color and growth, I would like to present our first product ReeFi LED with electronic circuity design from scratch. It’s 150 max watt in 5 channels which are individually dimmable. The control circuit is designed for slow 0.1% incremental intensity change to fast instant on/off controlled by any mobile device or computer. This will be a limited initial release with the casing made from 3D printing with different color available.

Pendant Style Reef LED with Built-in WiFi

• One time WiFi setup to connect to your home WiFi
    • Auto sync time/date with google
    • Auto calculate moon phase
    • Auto restore programming after power outage
    • Control/program single LED unit or group multiple LED units together
    • Firmware can be updated wireless when new features are added
150W max power

• 50 3W Cree LEDs
    • 500+ PAR at full power at 18"-20" below water surface
    • Intensity dimmable over 1000 steps
    • 36"x36" spread 24" below water surface, while hang 8"-10" above the water
    • 120deg single large optical lens to prevent disco ball effect
    • Optical lens can be adjust for change of light spread
5 Channels individual controllable, 10 3W LEDs per channel

• Ch1: Royal Blue 450nm
    • Ch2: Mix Royal Blue and White 4000K
    • Ch3: Mix UV1 395nm and UV2 420nm
    • Ch4: Mix Deep Red and Cyan
    • Ch5: Royal Blue 450nm
5 User Programmable modes: Sunrise, MidDay, Sunset, Night, and Moon.

• Also allow temporary user override mode
    • User programmable ramp/dimming rate per mode
    • Random cloud coverage during MidDay optional
    • Peak hours with increase intensity during MidDay optional
    • Adjustable cooling fan speed for different environments
Program and control with any mobile device with any web browser. Android APP also available.

Web interface:

Here's a quick comparison to Kessil:
1) ReeFi LED max at 150w, Kessil a160 is only max at 40w
2) ReeFi LED 5 channels individually controllable, Kessil a160 only 2
3) ReeFi LED built-in WiFi works with any mobile device/laptop, Kessil need additional external controller
4) ReeFi LED can run on user set program (sunrise, midday, sunset, night, moon) and can ramp automatically, Kessil is only manual control
5) ReeFi LED has adjusted optical lens, Kessil fixed optical lens.

Closest equivalent to ReeFi LED is Kessil top of the line AP700. ReeFi LED is $300, Kessil AP700 is $895!

Aquanaut WA

View Badges
Reaction score
I have been reefing since '98 and have witnessed many improvements and trends. I am not prone to taking risks with my progressive reef. So it is no surprise that it has taken me two years to decide on the light upgrade for my dense mixed reef.

I required: >150par @ 48", >100*optics, 395nmUV, whisper quiet, simple UI, component repairable, remote IP accessible, and Budget Friendly.

Daniel Lu presented a live demo of ReeFi lamps whereby, meeting all my requirements. In addition, he implemented further improvements of the UI including noise reduction. I can say these are light weight and reasonably quiet.
There are 6 over my 250DD 60"x36x27 for extreme coverage. I find them very powerful and deep penetrating shimmer. Wide 4" crossbar? No cast shadow when positioned properly. I have them mounted in a elevating canopy 18" above glass tops. I chose the Reefi to replace my 4 Helios 180w+t5. Excellent customer service, even video-chat of set up too. 36"x36" coverage is fantastic, similar to 150w light cannons. Im loving the customizable channels that include the 395UV. Its the one spectrum missing in most sets with the exception of 400w halides, at this intensity and gets SPS to regain the sunbeam fluorescing I lost 4yrs ago when I removed my Radiums. I have been increasing my perimeter Reefi power to 50% and lowering the center lamps to 40%, due to a LPS maze brain top burn that is 14" deep on the reef. All others are having daytime PE and measurable growth within the 3weeks ReeFi has been running. And as advertised, the lamps quickly recovered their sync several times during storm power-loss. Firmware wireless updates are easiest yet compared to other brands, just select IP lamp and update. I love the temporary set feature for trying new looks and showing off these settings that revert after 30min to resume schedule. Or "apply" to keep new setting. Simple UI select and drag, no laborious written code sequences. Any mobile wifi device can sync to the IP Reefi, alike high end DSLRs. Just, well thought out conveniences by a Programmer turned Reef Aficionado. I look forward to replacing my FOWLER black boxes shortly.

reeferfoxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Very competitive pricing vs Kessil. Impressive programming as well. Very well done. The Styling falls a bit short for me. However the control and automation is superior. For that I would save money for this. Unfortunately, pendants aren't my style. Very cool product though! Well done!

Corals.com

donnievaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Very competitive pricing vs Kessil. Impressive programming as well. Very well done. The Styling falls a bit short for me. However the control and automation is superior. For that I would save money for this. Unfortunately, pendants aren't my style. Very cool product though! Well done!
Agreed. Not the best looking light but the specs are great. I'd love to see it in action and see some PAR readings.

57buick

View Badges
Reaction score
I live nearby him and have met Daniel at various aquarium meetings. I finally decided to try one out and so far I am liking the color and control. Once I got past some of the bugs getting connected the first time. The corals and anemones are reacting to it well. You cant beat it for the price for sure. Considering a Kessil 360 is $400 and doesn't give you near the control as the REEFi

57buick

View Badges
Reaction score
I like a good pendant style light for the simplicity and clean looks. No reason to have it hooked to the APEX

Corals.com

Aquanaut WA

View Badges
Reaction score
I am impressed at the dynamic shimmering color on Corals and fish on the Reefi. I have 6 on my 250g deep dimension. And I have 2 more lamps comming any day now that are replacing a reefbreeder on a 110g tall FOWLER I have. Very powerful penetrating "cannon style" lights. I'm up to 55% in the last +30 days compared to 75% on Helios 180s.

57buick

View Badges
Reaction score
This tank is only 2 weeks old so its pretty bare and with just one REEFi lit up to see the coverage. This is a 6 foot tank so the spread is pretty good as you can see. I don't have a PAR meter though to measure the output. This is with the actual lense just 7 inches from the water. I could raise it up a little for a little more coverage

I'm ordering another light from him and taking down my black boxes and extra wiring. Gonna see how well just 2 of the REEFi lights will do for the whole 6ft tank. I'm not growing SPS just anemones and softies going in this tank

125g.jpg

danlu_gt

View Badges
Reaction score
Check out 2nd generation ReeFi LED Duo series.

Features and Specs at a Glance

• Complete blue to UV spectrum for best coral coloration and growth.
  • Over 95% PUR/PAR with using only wide spectrum color and white LEDs. Bring out the vivid colors of fishes and corals.
  • ReeFlectors™ – First anti-glare, more even light distribution, color blend, and natural shimmer in compact form factor.
  • Most LED channels and highest precision dimming of 0.01% increments.
  • Auto time sync and Auto moon phase lighting capable on any combinations of channels. Design your own moon color.
  • Easy to setup and program with built-in WiFi web server.
  • Advance cooling to keep LED at optimal performance with multi-sensors temperature control.
https://www.reefi-lab.com/reefi-led-duo-info/

Check out the even PAR distribution. Tank is kinda bare after tank crashed while away for 2 months ironing out production and inspecting all components to this new product in China.

You can also follow us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/reefilab

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
The new version does look pretty slick. But I'm kinda partial to the cannon style lights. I'm also curious if you have any of the older versions in stock

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

danlu_gt

View Badges
Reaction score
The original Pendant was individually made with 3D printer which took over 15hrs per unit. The pendant is replaced by newer gen 2 models and I have stop making the pendants.

danlu_gt

View Badges
Reaction score
Here's a picture of my LPS garden. Notice the shells colors are natural. Use ReeFi LED Duo Extreme, not photoshop.

DLU_1637web.JPG

Saw these 2 photos on FB reef group with Radion individual optical lenses which are perfect example of disco ball effects. Compare that to ReeFi's ReeFlectors which cast pleasing uniform blend of light.
radion_vs_reefi.jpg

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
I have two of the new Reefis over my frag tank, and I love them. Super powerful, and wonderful full spectrum color, with each color controllable on its own channel. Excellent color blending (i.e. no disco ball effect) and almost no lateral light spillage.

https://www.omegasea.net/

Why do you choose to shop with the companies you shop with it?

• Relationships with Employees or Owners

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Fair Pricing of Goods

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • Quality of Goods (FIRE corals or good product)

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Quality of Customer Service

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • Ease of ordering or access to store

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Other (please exlain in the thread)

Votes: 2 5.6%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors