Reefing, stuck at home, on the weekend!

Are you getting any reefing "to do" list items done this weekend?

• YES and its not fun

Votes: 51 16.0%
  • YES and it's fun stuff for me

Votes: 190 59.6%
  • Nope nothing!

Votes: 49 15.4%
  • Maybe, maybe not!

Votes: 29 9.1%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reefing, stuck at home, on the weekend!

What's going on FAM!?

What kinda reefing stuff are y'all into this weekend since you're stuck at home? Anything special?

I've got a list of stuff to hopefully tackle next week but we shall see! HA!

weekend reefing.jpg

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new Copperband started nipping at my acans :/so I “had” to set up a new tank for the acans

Tank finished cycling last week, added them few at a time over the past few days ending today, cbb was really nipping at some, acans are my favorite, time to find some other coral for the 180.
AA2091C9-1096-437A-AD76-591F8A01A124.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been doing water changes, thorough maintenance, and have started sorting & organizing the boxes of related aquarium stuff. Additionally, I have been helping some new RFAs get settled in and trying to figure out my next coral, RFA, and fish orders. :)

Leemcg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made fresh RODI yesterday. Mixed 10 gallons of ASW for water change tomorrow. Couldn’t keep hands out of the yank today and moved some things around to make room for new corals that I ordered. Now trying to adjust and reposition my wavemaker because I moved some rock and it changed the flow a little. I’ve ordered 3 new fish, at least 5 more corals, a magnetic frag rock, and more supplies than I’m willing to admit. I may have to turn my tank dedicated credit card over to my wife... I think I might have a problem. Obviously I handle boredom by feeding my reefing addiction. Well, at least I get to go to work for two or three hours on Monday, then spend the rest of the week opening goodies as they arrive!

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying my hand SPS coral again. Purchased a pink Stella Stylophora 2 weeks ago. It looks great. Ordered from Live Aquaria. Much larger than expected. Nicely branched. Doing weekly water changes of a third of the water. It is in a 7 gallon quarantine tank.

2672E4D5-CB5D-4DCA-A70C-6A01C2F0FAEB.jpeg 6B11411D-6D66-43BB-B160-1491EBFB8D7A.jpeg

Bethany Yates

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm adding a UV to my system. In the process of figuring out the plumbing for it, as space is very limited.
I just mounted mine and ran separate soft tubing so it is not hard plumbed into the existing system, so I didn't have to change anything. I hate redoing plumbing on a running system!

Bethany Yates

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made fresh RODI yesterday. Mixed 10 gallons of ASW for water change tomorrow. Couldn’t keep hands out of the yank today and moved some things around to make room for new corals that I ordered. Now trying to adjust and reposition my wavemaker because I moved some rock and it changed the flow a little. I’ve ordered 3 new fish, at least 5 more corals, a magnetic frag rock, and more supplies than I’m willing to admit. I may have to turn my tank dedicated credit card over to my wife... I think I might have a problem. Obviously I handle boredom by feeding my reefing addiction. Well, at least I get to go to work for two or three hours on Monday, then spend the rest of the week opening goodies as they arrive!
Hey, where are you getting your magnetic frag rock from? I found some janky looking ones online but nothing really nice...

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Replacing the return pumps on both tanks. I was freaked out about removing the inline pump for the 180 gal, expecting some disaster, but in the end it took about 10 minutes lol.

Cleaned both of the pumps I removed along with both skimmers.

Also replaced the carbon blocks and pre-filter on my RODI. So necessary, but not fun stuff. I may reward myself with a little online shopping tomorrow

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all the "stay at home" time alot is getting done, redid my RODI station, instead of a pair of mixed bed DI resins, I converted to cation,anion & a single mixed bed reactors to see if I could reduce the amount of DI (mixed) I was going through. Worst case scenario I go back to mixed bed only x 3 reactors. I was going through DI resin about every 6 weeks and that was after going dual mixed bed resins and a booster pump. My TDA in is 450, after membranes it's 4 after DI resins 0.
As far as weekend chores - normal routine - refill ATOs, clean skimmers and ATO sensors, test alk,cal & mag & feed 11 nems clams. Just another Sunday morning ritual.

IMG_7333.JPG IMG_7334.JPG

Leemcg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, where are you getting your magnetic frag rock from? I found some janky looking ones online but nothing really nice...
I ordered the one from Reefing Art. It looked like it would blend in better. I have a Red Sea AIO so I’m mounting on the side glass. This one isn’t as bulky as the others I saw online, so won’t block as much of the view.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back