Reefing, stuck at home, on the weekend!

Are you getting any reefing "to do" list items done this weekend?

• YES and its not fun

Votes: 51 16.0%
  • YES and it's fun stuff for me

Votes: 190 59.6%
  • Nope nothing!

Votes: 49 15.4%
  • Maybe, maybe not!

Votes: 29 9.1%

• Total voters

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just mounted mine and ran separate soft tubing so it is not hard plumbed into the existing system, so I didn't have to change anything. I hate redoing plumbing on a running system!
I'm looking at hard plumbing it.
Looks like I'll have to order a couple of fittings from the UV supplier to do it.

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Switching tanks from 90 to 180. This is gonna suck

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaned and reorganized my sump, made space for a carbon reactor (to replace my bags - I run carbon to help control chemical warfare from my leathers). Made space for a co2 scrubber. Next is the cabinet... that's the part I'm dreading...

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been cleaning and remodeling my 200. Got the middle and right taken down, cleaned and unwanted shrooms and anemones removed in the past couple weeks and just put all the rock back in however. I took a shot a restacking a few days ago and it was a flop. Sitting here right now staring at the tank and trying to get the motivation to try again. About a 50/50 chance of that happening :rolleyes:

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clean sump and water change, clean up tables, get new rack made. Patiently waiting for water to stabilize so I can start fragging some of my critters.
It's a beautiful day in Az dont get many of them before its 100 degrees and intolerable.
Not sure how much I'm going to knock off this list with this bbq we have this afternoon lol.

r20crazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got the pico setup finally after a month of seeding dry rock in a bucket... have already realized topoff is gonna be a pita as I made my overflow to hide everything to small. evap is about 2 cups every 8hrs without a light.... what I get myself into....:rolleyes:

AndyinAtlanta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching Chemiclean do its "magic" on my red algae that's gotten out of control. So far all my fish, CUC, and corals don't mind the situation.

Other than that, not much. I feel guilty going to my LSF, and the one I go to said [while I was there to get the Chemiclean] that they are only allowing people in that explicitly know what they are buying (so no browsing). I think that's completely fair; though I feel bad for both stores I go to since they are small businesses.

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was water change day for my 4 tanks. The way I have it set up not a big deal. I pump water from the basement kept 45 gallon brute container. And I use a pump and hose to remove water from the sumps. Takes me about an hour to do all 4.

I consider myself to be fortunate that my wife loves the tanks. She always gives a hand and that makes maintenance a pleasure we both enjoy.

Today she pulled out a few aiptasia, some bubble algae and scraped all of the glass. Now we can enjoy our clean and healthy tanks tonight.

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working at home the last couple of weeks after a scheduled staycation week I have been lax on doing serious tank maintenance since I am seeing all day every day but yesterday did a big water change, cleaned the skimmer and cleaned the glass real good.

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As thankful as I am to still be earning a living, I sure would enjoy a few days of quarantine to start a couple projects in my reef tank. For now my weekends have maintenance scheduled and I enjoy it.

Slim64684

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got my tank swap done today. From a 20 long with an ac30 to a sumped 29. 14 gallons of water volume to 33 gallons.
20200405_113144.jpg
20200405_151837.jpg

Light upgrade too. From current ic pro to 2 ai prime 16.

Sinibotia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got pretty far behind in my maintenance with school and such and my one SPS, a green birdsnest, had melted away to almost nothing. This weekend I executed my plan to rescue the birdsnest. Did waterchange, a full suite of tests, cut off the dead skeleton, ordered coral food and feeder, dosed... hopefully he comes back!

money88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got around to hanging the RODI system in the basement, and plumbing the waste water line directly to the drain. Waiting on the 1/2 murloc fitting to plumb the source line instead of using a sink adapter.

Also got around to gluing all the frags that have been just sitting in the sandbed/frag rack for months

Terr-c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved my powerheads, they were blowing sand around. I'm trying to position them both to the back of the tank to get good flow behind the rocks. I don't want it to become a detritus trap in the back. Turned them down and moved them. Success. Still doing tweaks on the tank while I wait for it to cycle. Can't keep my hands out of it. Constantly moving and changing things. The AI lights are making me crazy!! I don't want to run them full strength until my tanks cycles and I can't seem to figure out the phone app for the lights to get exactly what I want them to do. I can do a normal schedule but can't seem to figure out how to add the blue on first and last... :rolleyes:o_O :)

BigBoyReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new Copperband started nipping at my acans :/so I “had” to set up a new tank for the acans

Tank finished cycling last week, added them few at a time over the past few days ending today, cbb was really nipping at some, acans are my favorite, time to find some other coral for the 180.
AA2091C9-1096-437A-AD76-591F8A01A124.jpeg
WOW, beautiful sand bed And beautiful corals. Nice tank :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back