Reefingbuddha's 300 DD

Thank you. The lighting track is made of two stanley galvanized steel rails with a maximize load of almost 1000 pounds spread over the two rails. I used simple nylon rope and thick walled 2" PVC pipe to make the hangers as I know the nylon and PVC won't rust or degrade significantly and was a cheap and easy option. Adjusts and changes are also easy to make.
 
Nice equipment, but I must stop looking... must not buy the LEDS :D
 
A decision has been made on lighting but you'll have to wait until next week to find out. :D
 
Found out that the electrician wired all my GFCI sockets incorrectly... only 1 line for each set of breaks and outlets which causes both outlets to trip when I plug something into both outlets.

So he has to come back today and tear up the whole room to fix the problem. Wish me luck and hope that nothing gets broken or dies.

Current tank stock
- About 30 snails
- About 15 hermit crabs
- 2 Bangaii Cardinals (Pair)
 
Found out that the electrician wired all my GFCI sockets incorrectly... only 1 line for each set of breaks and outlets which causes both outlets to trip when I plug something into both outlets.

So he has to come back today and tear up the whole room to fix the problem. Wish me luck and hope that nothing gets broken or dies.
yikes... good luck...
 
man that sucks, let us know how it goes... do you have the circuits split so if one GFCI trips the whole tank does not die?
 
I had 8 sets of sockets installed throughout the room. Each set (either 2 or 4 outlet) is connected to a independent 15amp GFCI breaker that is located in a dedicated subpanel next to my main panel. The subpanel is on the other end of the tank room away from any water. The problem is that the electrician only ran a total of 4 wires for 8 breakers....

And the guy didn't end up showing up yesterday. Someone else is coming today to work on it. Luckily I paid for the job, not by the hour, so the company is on the hook until the job is done right.
 
I had 8 sets of sockets installed throughout the room. Each set (either 2 or 4 outlet) is connected to a independent 15amp GFCI breaker that is located in a dedicated subpanel next to my main panel. The subpanel is on the other end of the tank room away from any water. The problem is that the electrician only ran a total of 4 wires for 8 breakers....

And the guy didn't end up showing up yesterday. Someone else is coming today to work on it. Luckily I paid for the job, not by the hour, so the company is on the hook until the job is done right.

I'd be worried they would half **** it again. My moto is do it right the first time or get someone else to do it right if they can't.

Good luck!!!
 
I had 8 sets of sockets installed throughout the room. Each set (either 2 or 4 outlet) is connected to a independent 15amp GFCI breaker that is located in a dedicated subpanel next to my main panel. The subpanel is on the other end of the tank room away from any water. The problem is that the electrician only ran a total of 4 wires for 8 breakers....

And the guy didn't end up showing up yesterday. Someone else is coming today to work on it. Luckily I paid for the job, not by the hour, so the company is on the hook until the job is done right.
cool. GFCI dropped my whole 125g 2 times for several hours till fixed this.
 
Seems like we have come to a agreement. The GFCI breakers are going to be replaced with standard 20amp breakers. The receptacles are all going to be replaced with GFCI receptacles which will give me the same result at the end of the day. I won't have the convenience of having the GFCI breakers in one place and seeing what's tripped that way, but they also don't have to open up the entire ceiling again, re-drywall it, texture it, and then paint it, all with 600g of exposed water moving at 3,000gph through the system. And it can be completed today! So I can get on with finishing the system.

All the unexpected fun of reefkeeping!
 
well that will actually even further isolate a gfci trip to 2 devices, so good deal!
 
Pretty happy it went so well!

Had the oppurtunity to purchase both clownfish pairs today and they are aquacultured as well. Should be here tomorrow morning!

I know this deviates from my proposed introduction list but the oppurtunity arose and the scheduled orange lined cardinalfish have been delayed for a while. As I have the chance to add both pairs at once I thought this was the best way to go.

Ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates are all undetectable.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Both Clownfish pairs arrived today. The order from liveaquaria had the pair split up into 2 very large bags and when the bags were opened still smelled like fresh saltwater. The other clownfish pair came from saltwaterfish.com and were in the same back together. The bag was about 3/4 the size of one of the other bags and when opened smelled foul. 1/4 of the water was immediately changed out and I started to drip acclimate all three bags.

After a 1:15 acclimation period the pink skunk clowns from saltwaterfish.com were added. Initially the larger (assumed female) fish seemed to have problems "breathing" but after 10 minutes the pair was swimming around the tank. The cinnamon clownfish were added approximately 20 minutes later and they settled in almost immediately on the opposite end of the tank.

Currently the pairs are swimming around together and exploring the tank. All four fish eagerly ate some frozen mypsis and there does not appear to be any tension between them as of yet. They go and check each other out but not aggressively. The could care less about the cardinals and vise versa.

Current Stock:
- Pair of Bangaii Cardinals
- Pair of Cinnamon Clownfish
- Pair of Pink Skunk Clownfish
- Pair of Cleaner Shrimp

Readings
- Temp 78.3
- pH 8.14
- Salinity 1.023
- Ammonia undetectable
- Nitrates undetectable
- Nitrites undetectable
- Phosphates undetectable
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new