Reefkeeper Lite

Mushroomhead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a green status light on one pb4 but it was not steady. The display module did not show a light for a module either.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the status light is flashing then you do have communication problem for some reason. Try hooking the RKL only directly to the PB4 only. Try each PB4 one at a time. Try different buss ports on each to see if you can get it to communicate. Did you update the firmware on the PB4's? Just a question not asking you to do that at this point.

Mushroomhead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have updated the pb4's. When I plug the pb4 into the outlet, should the status light come on? I get nothing on either of the new pb4's but the power does go to the display unit.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have updated the pb4's. When I plug the pb4 into the outlet, should the status light come on? I get nothing on either of the new pb4's but the power does go to the display unit.
I thought you said it was flashing.

Mushroomhead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday one came on but not steady. I reinstalled my old pc4's on my system. Today I tried hooking up all the new modules with a new display unit and I'm getting nothing but the RKL showing on the display.

Mushroomhead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I updated them one at a time. Is there a factory reset on the pb4? Did I mess them up by trying to switch them out with the old pc4's without erasing data stored in the RKL display unit?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I updated them one at a time. Is there a factory reset on the pb4? Did I mess them up by trying to switch them out with the old pc4's without erasing data stored in the RKL display unit?
That would not mess the PB4's up. If you hook one of them to the SID with myReef running no power, does myReef recognize the PB4 correctly?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then that is the problem. They have the wrong firmware installed. The PC4 firmware will not work at all on the PB4. You will have to do a intrrupted update to get the correct firmware back on the pB4's. Below is the process copied from the DA website.

Interrupted Update Process

To perform an "Interrupted Update,” go through the Update steps below until step 7. Once the green progress bar in your MyReef screen starts to move, unplug the module from the SID (not the SID from the computer). After MyReef completes the update, it will display an error message, "Update Failed."

Unplug the SID, close MyReef, then restart MyReef. Once MyReef is restarted, reconnect the SID. When the SID appears in the MyReef software, reconnect your Module to the SID. MyReef will show it as "?????", and you can select the appropriate Module from the list and it will reassign a new serial number. You can then re-update the unit by following the Update steps again, without the interruption.

The order in which things occur can be very important, so please be sure to follow the steps closely.

How to Update the Module

Do not attempt to update any of the modules while they are connected together, even if the software indicates that they need updating. Each module must be updated individually.

Here are the steps you should take to update the Module:

From a fresh restart of the computer, please make sure the SID is not connected to the computer and is not connected to the ReefKeeper system. The module should be unplugged from the power outlet or powered off.

1. Open the MyReef software application
2. Connect your SID to your computer via USB.
3. In myReef, verify that the SID shows up under “Systems” in the left hand tree view.
4. Plug in ONLY your Module. It should appear under the SID in the “Systems” on the left hand tree view.
5. Click on the ‘Update” button to the right of the Module. MyReef will display the firmware update screen and automatically select the most recent firmware version to update.
6. Click the “Program” button. The progress bar at the top of the screen will begin to move.
7. Once the Module has been updated successfully, verify that MyReef correctly reports the current firmware.
8. Close MyReef and disconnect the SID from the computer as well as the module.

Once that is complete, plug the module back into the ReefKeeper system.

Mushroomhead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I followed this procedure and the drop down box that opens when yoo click ????? Does not list a PB4, only a PC4.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure you have the latest myReef installed. I will check mine for the info. I do not have a PB4 so I might not have anything for them.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, the PB4 is 30-0041. There should be a folder in the Digital Aquatics folder on you computer in the documents folder.

Mushroomhead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, the PB4 is 30-0041. There should be a folder in the Digital Aquatics folder on you computer in the documents folder.
I have found a folder for the PB4, so that indicates I'm running a newer version of MyReef. When I tried to download an update to MyReef, I got a message :)Microsoft.Net Framework 4.5 Full package or greater needs to be installed for this installation to continue)
What is that?!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a Microsoft program that has to be installed for myReef to work correctly. What version of windows are you running?

Mushroomhead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a Microsoft program that has to be installed for myReef to work correctly. What version of windows are you running?
It's an old laptop with Vista. Ive used it to program my rkl an Radion lights before but maybe it won't work anymore.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of mine run Windows 10. The surface I have will not run myReef but the HP laptop will. I have not run it on a vista computer in a long time. What is the version of myReef that you are running?

Mushroomhead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of mine run Windows 10. The surface I have will not run myReef but the HP laptop will. I have not run it on a vista computer in a long time. What is the version of myReef that you are running?
MyReef 2.0. Im downloading the new Framework software to see if that helps.

Mushroomhead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Downloaded the latest MyReef 2.0 build 83. It still only shows PC4 as an option to rename the ?????Module. I will email DA support again tomorrow. They said there is another option to program thePB4 that we can explore.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back