Reefkeeper USB

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everybody!

I recently acquired a used Reef Keeper (elite maybe?). I just wanted it for the pH probe and it was dirt cheap, but it came with all this other stuff. As I am sorting through it, most of it is pretty obvious, but there is a USB plug. It looks like the primary software is Windows based. Has anyone ever used this with a Raspberry Pi or another Linux OS?

Or, maybe this is just for firmware updates?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Its for firmware and there is a link cable for it

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are referring to the SID. It is used with myReef which is windows based. There is a download post on here for it if you need to get it. The three versions of the SID I have are in the photo below. You will need this and myReef if you ever need to update firmware are wish to name you ports or modules. You can also program using myReef but it you have to connect to the system with it up and running. To update firmware you have to connect each module unpowered to the SID one at a time.

IMG_3631.JPG

OP
OP
sbash

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are referring to the SID. It is used with myReef which is windows based. There is a download post on here for it if you need to get it. The three versions of the SID I have are in the photo below. You will need this and myReef if you ever need to update firmware are wish to name you ports or modules. You can also program using myReef but it you have to connect to the system with it up and running. To update firmware you have to connect each module unpowered to the SID one at a time.

IMG_3631.JPG

Yup, it's the SID V2. Okay good to know. I'm not going to bother with it for now then. I really only bought it for the SL2. Thanks!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple of threads that you might be interested in on this controller. Both have quite a bit of information.

Erikhsf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_3631.JPG
How can I get these so I can set up my pumps and name my equipment?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will have to find a used one for sale. They came with each system sold. So the system should have had one at one time..

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 75 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back