0   0   0
5E152F18-6FF7-4C6E-A4D3-6B98BA3EB4C9.jpeg

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Is it possible for the sample line to become disconnected from the bot?
If so, could the fourth setup pictured potentially result in a siphon?

Muran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,

i really want to buy a Reefbot as its now available in my country. So i wondered if anyone of you guys have placed it in an Red Sea Peninsula 500 Cabin ? I think it might fit in the right door space but not totally sure if it fits.

So does anyone have a Reefbot in the Peninsula cabin ?

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this worth getting and is it truly accurate?

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would buy again, it is as accurate as the test kits offer yes

sbidny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone found a way to send the test results to Apex charts? I would love to keep all my info/graphs in one place.

There is no externally accessible API at the moment, so this is not currently possible. From my communication with Reef Kinetics, it doesn’t sound like this is getting much development attention, although they seem to indicate that it may be available someday.

Brian Drab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t need to calibrate weekly. Please email Maya on [email protected] to calibrate your bot remotely.
Your device is not well calibrated

So just an update. I did work with Maya and she feels it's calibrated better now. So I did the following tests tonight.
  1. Initiated a test chamber calibration.
  1. 1st Measurement was 4.6 so kicked off another calibration
  2. 2nd Measurement was 5.2 so kicked off another calibration
  3. 3rd Measurement was 5.0 so all set.
  1. Initiated a RO calibration.
  1. 1st Measurement was 6.8 so kicked off another calibration
  2. 2nd Measurement was 8.0 so all set.
  1. Initiated a Salifert Alkalinity test. While the test was running I did the following tests.
  1. Salifert Manual (Did twice with exact same result) – 8.0
  2. Hanna – 8.3
  3. Giesemann – 8.0
  4. The bot finished with a result of 8.9
Do you think being 0.9 off is acceptable? I don't know if my expectations are too high? I also sent this info to Maya but was wondering what others thought and if you are encountering the same thing. Also below is a picture of the setup. The bot is right next to the tank so I believe all that is correctly set up as well.

upload_2019-5-7_23-17-29.png

Brian Drab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ReefKinetics is now selling the needles on their website. If this has been already announced then just ignore . I don’t read every post . Here’s the link to anyone who needs it .

https://www.reefkinetics.com/shop/
Thank you! I did not know that. I sent an email to support on 4/29th asking if they could ship me some more vials/stirrers and never heard back.

So I'm trying to order the following and keep getting "Unfortunately your order xxxxxx cannot be processed as the originating bank/merchant has declined your transaction. Please attempt your purchase again." I've tried three different cards all with the same result. I contacted customer service for one of my cards (Capital One) and the said that there is nothing holding it on their end. The ensured no fraud alert would pop up and yet I still get the issue. If there is anyway I could get the following I would appreciate it. Thanks.

upload_2019-5-8_0-41-25.png

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I did not know that. I sent an email to support on 4/29th asking if they could ship me some more vials/stirrers and never heard back.

So I'm trying to order the following and keep getting "Unfortunately your order xxxxxx cannot be processed as the originating bank/merchant has declined your transaction. Please attempt your purchase again." I've tried three different cards all with the same result. I contacted customer service for one of my cards (Capital One) and the said that there is nothing holding it on their end. The ensured no fraud alert would pop up and yet I still get the issue. If there is anyway I could get the following I would appreciate it. Thanks.

upload_2019-5-8_0-41-25.png
Sorry for that, couple of users needed a pre-authorization from their bank.
The deviation of 0.9dkh is due to some fine tuning of calibration. Maya will contact you to remotely fix this

Brian Drab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes the bank block a transaction. You can call your bank to let it pass
As mentioned in my previous post I did do that and they said it was blocking on the merchant side which I thought was odd. I'll try again and call Capital One again. Thanks.

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned in my previous post I did do that and they said it was blocking on the merchant side which I thought was odd. I'll try again and call Capital One again. Thanks.
Oh sorry for this. I’ll check with our payment partners. Please send us an email to forward it to them.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 187 71.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back