Reefkinetics Reefbot

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve not calibrated the unit myself.

Support has written to me and told me to check the 3rd pump for the test chamber, I’ve done as described.

What I ended up with is a flooded reefbot (again).

Sorry to say, but this product is an 800$ disaster.
I’m going to be at BPK on Friday the 19th. Please drop the unit there. I’ll fix this.

KMWhit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I’ve been running my reefbot unit for 5 weeks now and I’ve run over 120 tests. I absolutely love it, so much so I just ordered a second bot to add to a brand new tank I’ll use from day one of the cycle going forward.

I had some small hick ups as an early adaptor, nitrate API test being the biggest one I couldn’t get right, but with the new tropic marine pro test it’s been perfect every time.

The app is very user friendly. I was able to plug this unit in, connect to WiFi, and figure out the app on my own in a matter of minutes.

Some features I’ve found awesome are the maintenance section in the app. You can set how many liters of RODI water the unit is connected to and the bot will track it and tell you when you need to refill. It does the same for your waste container. It also tracks your syringe uses and reminds you to replace it after every 60 uses. It even tracks how much of each reagent you have left. There’s literally nothing to remember, your bot will tell you when it needs something. I’ve made it a habit before going out of town to pull up my maintenance page and make sure everything will last until I get home.

All that is great, but the icing on the cake for me has been dealing with this company. Any question I’ve had they’ve answered quickly. You can tell they’re passionate about this product and love their jobs. It makes me feel like they really want my experience to be great, and it’s great to have such a supportive company.

Oh, and of course there is the fact the doser is being released soon which will dose based on your test results! I will definitely be placing my third order from ReefKinetics the day those come out!

I hope this helps anyone on the fence, and I’m happy to answer any questions I can about the bot or my experience.

5964653F-DA75-40D0-95A7-893CAAD0CC0C.jpeg

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I’ve been running my reefbot unit for 5 weeks now and I’ve run over 120 tests. I absolutely love it, so much so I just ordered a second bot to add to a brand new tank I’ll use from day one of the cycle going forward.

I had some small hick ups as an early adaptor, nitrate API test being the biggest one I couldn’t get right, but with the new tropic marine pro test it’s been perfect every time.

The app is very user friendly. I was able to plug this unit in, connect to WiFi, and figure out the app on my own in a matter of minutes.

Some features I’ve found awesome are the maintenance section in the app. You can set how many liters of RODI water the unit is connected to and the bot will track it and tell you when you need to refill. It does the same for your waste container. It also tracks your syringe uses and reminds you to replace it after every 60 uses. It even tracks how much of each reagent you have left. There’s literally nothing to remember, your bot will tell you when it needs something. I’ve made it a habit before going out of town to pull up my maintenance page and make sure everything will last until I get home.

All that is great, but the icing on the cake for me has been dealing with this company. Any question I’ve had they’ve answered quickly. You can tell they’re passionate about this product and love their jobs. It makes me feel like they really want my experience to be great, and it’s great to have such a supportive company.

Oh, and of course there is the fact the doser is being released soon which will dose based on your test results! I will definitely be placing my third order from ReefKinetics the day those come out!

I hope this helps anyone on the fence, and I’m happy to answer any questions I can about the bot or my experience.

5964653F-DA75-40D0-95A7-893CAAD0CC0C.jpeg
We’re glad to have you aboard!
Rabih :)

bambootikigirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What exactly is extremely consistent? Are you hitting the identicle number day after day? and what parameters and kits are you talking about?
They match my manual tests to within the tolerances of the test kits. Yes. I'll post up some graph pictures. I have tested against the same test kit and others. I have several kits of each parameter. You can see my slight adjustment in my calcium reactor too.
ee67a727174ee396d3338985d70e14c2.jpg
2dbeede59a035b8e95387436dd2e504f.jpg

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How has anyone dealt with the tank line length issue on a Red Sea Reefer larger tank (450+)? With the Reefbot directly next to the stand, we would need a much longer line to run the intake around the back stand opening and into the sump unless we drill the stand, which Red Sea advises against. Has anyone tackled this problem?

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How has anyone dealt with the tank line length issue on a Red Sea Reefer larger tank (450+)? With the Reefbot directly next to the stand, we would need a much longer line to run the intake around the back stand opening and into the sump unless we drill the stand, which Red Sea advises against. Has anyone tackled this problem?

Hello Brian,

We are working on releasing an update with the tube up to 2 meters. Will let you know once this is released.

Kevin Duprey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I run mine into the tank itself on my RSR525XL. I have the reefbot on a shelf slightly above and behind the tank.

Brian Drab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Alkalinity, I find RedSea to be more accurate in my bot than Salifert. My manual tests including using the my Hanna test kit come out to 8.10.

RedSea comes out to 8.1 dKH with the bot and Salifert comes out high at 8.9dKH.

So going forward I will use RedSea for Alkalinity which I'm happy about since it's only 1 reagent.

Flore

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update, I met Rabih from Reefkinetics today at BPK Dubai - very pleasant interaction and he resolved the issues with the Reefbot, I shall test this tomorrow.

To make up for the trouble, he gifted me some frags from his personal collection.

Really appreciated, and if things work out now I'll be a happy customer. Will report back soon.

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update, I met Rabih from Reefkinetics today at BPK Dubai - very pleasant interaction and he resolved the issues with the Reefbot, I shall test this tomorrow.

To make up for the trouble, he gifted me some frags from his personal collection.

Really appreciated, and if things work out now I'll be a happy customer. Will report back soon.
My pleasure. Hope to see you tomorrow in the event.

Cheers

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back