Reefkinetics Reefbot

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With rinsing and whatnot, how much waste is produced for a single test. Say a single Red Sea Alk test?

Also, how much tank water would this single test use? Is it just the 10ml required by Red Sea, or is there some tube flushing that is happening as well?

The tank water line (about 4 feet long) is fully emptied to draw in a fresh sample, the syringe is flushed w RODI 2x both before and after the test, and the testing chamber is rinsed with RODI (2x I believe) both before and after the test as well. If I had to guess, I'd say the all-in waste produced is about 1.25 cups/test.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember reading about shortening the tubes but I can't seem to find the info. My bot sits next to the sump so I want to shorten all the lines. Is it okay to do so?

Brian Drab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been awhile and I had a question for you all. Is anyone having an issue with getting a reading from Red Sea Magnesium? I'm working with support but so far no luck. I do it manually and it comes out. All the other tests come out as well.

Tonight, per support request, I even did a manual test but ensured that I used the Magnesium titrant from the vial that I have in the bot instead of from the test kit I have and still no reading. Came out to 1,360 with no issues.

Any one else? Thank you.

Sunreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could test more than the big 4: calcium, alkalinity, phosphate, and nitrate. Great product. Will be waiting for the bigger vials and perhaps an extension kit?

SR Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could test more than the big 4: calcium, alkalinity, phosphate, and nitrate. Great product. Will be waiting for the bigger vials and perhaps an extension kit?
I test the same as yours.
One of the suggestion I have with Reef Bot is it's not using the same proportion as manufacturer provided. So I may have
used 3x #2 bottle and only 1x #1 bottle. So I keep buying more reagent just because I run out of #2 bottle.

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I test the same as yours.
One of the suggestion I have with Reef Bot is it's not using the same proportion as manufacturer provided. So I may have
used 3x #2 bottle and only 1x #1 bottle. So I keep buying more reagent just because I run out of #2 bottle.
Hello,

The ReefBot uses the same reagents proportions as manual testing.

as per not getting a result on magnesium, usually this happens when it’s out of range.

Happy Reefing

SR Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

The ReefBot uses the same reagents proportions as manual testing.

as per not getting a result on magnesium, usually this happens when it’s out of range.

Happy Reefing
Really?? My boy use more ATI Cal bottle #2 than #1. I have 3 more bottle #1 left still order more from ATI.
Same with Tropic Marine No3 test kit. I have 3 #1 bottle left, still need more #3 bottle.

Am I the only person experience this??

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really?? My boy use more ATI Cal bottle #2 than #1. I have 3 more bottle #1 left still order more from ATI.
Same with Tropic Marine No3 test kit. I have 3 #1 bottle left, still need more #3 bottle.

Am I the only person experience this??
This also happens with manual testing and specially when you have high calcium in your tank

Kindred

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see the test results interpolated between the designated test kit points , since your measuring light you should be able to tell no3 is 17 instead of 10 or 25 that would be more valuable in my opinion then getting more test kits for choices

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see the test results interpolated between the designated test kit points , since your measuring light you should be able to tell no3 is 17 instead of 10 or 25 that would be more valuable in my opinion then getting more test kits for choices
This can be done, but we decided to go with the resolution stated by the reagent manufacturer and not going between these resolutions

Brian Drab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been awhile and I had a question for you all. Is anyone having an issue with getting a reading from Red Sea Magnesium? I'm working with support but so far no luck. I do it manually and it comes out. All the other tests come out as well.

Tonight, per support request, I even did a manual test but ensured that I used the Magnesium titrant from the vial that I have in the bot instead of from the test kit I have and still no reading. Came out to 1,360 with no issues.

Any one else? Thank you.

Just wanted to let everyone know the solution. I worked with support for days on this. Following was the solution and I'm back in business.

"The issue is that the flushing that the device does (one before the test and one after the test) is taking longer than it should and the test is exceeding its allocated time. The reason why the flushing is taking longer, is that the pump settings are "high", which means the pumps stay on for longer (mainly pumping air after water is drained). What I did is I reset your pump values to factory settings."

Saltwaterjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They coming out with a reef bot pro, but dont know the price on it. You could make some side money testing other peoples tanks. I think they intend the PRO to be for stores, but who is to say anyone could buy it and test and charge for them.

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They coming out with a reef bot pro, but dont know the price on it. You could make some side money testing other peoples tanks. I think they intend the PRO to be for stores, but who is to say anyone could buy it and test and charge for them.
The Pro is coming very soon and anyone can order it. The price will be around $3000.

Happy Reefing!

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Politely, this is a pretty unfair criticism of the Reefbot's limitations. Trident restricts user testing exclusively to alk, cal, and mag. I can't think of any others that even deserve mention. Reefbot offers an ever-increasing catalog of test compatibility, which puts this device in a tier of its own. Any instrument that is both designed for and reliant upon precise measurements will not compromise the integrity of the product by subjecting it to failure via untested expansion modulesm

Kindred

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This can be done, but we decided to go with the resolution stated by the reagent manufacturer and not going between these resolutions
If it can be done please do it ;) right now the tester simply saves you the time it takes to do a test ( for a pretty big up front capital cost). If you could offer better accuracy then the manual test can offer that seems to me like its would big selling point.

Otherwise....a few minutes a test times a few times a week, say 20 mins a week seems like a tough payback proposition. thats around 17 hours a year...maybe value my free time at 20/hour. thats 350 per year, so like 2-3 year payback, plus I have more equipment to maintain..

Please reconsider interpolating results.

I do love the unit, just think it could be better. I use it for NO3, and PO4.

regards

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to let everyone know the solution. I worked with support for days on this. Following was the solution and I'm back in business.

"The issue is that the flushing that the device does (one before the test and one after the test) is taking longer than it should and the test is exceeding its allocated time. The reason why the flushing is taking longer, is that the pump settings are "high", which means the pumps stay on for longer (mainly pumping air after water is drained). What I did is I reset your pump values to factory settings."
Who reset this setting ? You or Reef Kinetics ? Did your problem go away ?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back