• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

ReefKingdom link from RC vendor area....Check it out...

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep plenty of good people out there, I never plan on purchasing from them.
I always thought somthing was fishy with them.
They wont stay open treating people like that.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to mention charging people $50 a polyp like they do.....Sorry but Mohawks are really nice but not the PPE or Purple Death/ Nuclear Green kinda nice.

jafoca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually it is disappointing to me to see this crap...

I wanted to order from them, they have nice prices on nano-sized micros and acans, something you can't find anywhere else. Most sites think anything micro should have three digit price tags...

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
isnt' that where the 100 dollar rainbow paly bull started?

yup, same place.

thats also the same place with the $100 (or was it $300?) volcano paly (aka lunar eclipse w/ some photoshoping) came from as well.

thats tick poor customer service. basically looks like what happened, as they were confronted with a knowlegible reefer that knows what to look out for, and they bailed b/c they know they wont be able to get away with a poor sale.

i.e.-we dont want your business, but here are some other places you can go instead of us.

i mean, why dont they just put up a large banner on their site saying "we only sell palys to people on a person-to-person basis, all sales are subject to our discresion"

jafoca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i mean, why dont they just put up a large banner on their site saying "we only sell palys to people on a person-to-person basis, all sales are subject to our discresion"

Or they could just put up your avatar =P

colinadam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sad to say I wasted some money with them. Their AOG Palys look like crap in person and 1 DOA that they never replied to.
Nothing more than a chop shop.

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent a lot of $$$ there for my 1st purchase. The owner (Brandon) origionally contacted me about a trade--a SmashMouth micro for my CSS 125 skimmer. I went on their website & ordered a bunch of stuff to go w/it. They sent the corals I paid for & forgot the stuff for the skimmer. Sent a nice freebie (can't find the 1 polyp). He sent a bunch of other freebies w/the micro (including 2 of those $100 rainbows [doing well] & a $35 mohawk polyp [didn't make it]). The micro died the next day (shipment was cold, in spite of 2 heat packs). He told me to keep everything & sell the skimmer to someone else. All in all--many of the frags didn't make it but I still did ok, since I got all those freebies. I think I probably broke even. Really nice guy though...

TyreeUM

the other Tyree...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had a problem with them, all of my corals are doing well that I got from them. I understand people have had bad experiences and that sucks-but its important to me to voice my opinion as well. I have always got more than what I ordered (ie-order one polyp, get 3 or 4) I understand his frustration, and maybe I dont agree with the way that it was handled, but I have multiple friends in the business that have told me horror stories of people that just want somthing for free and will never be happy no matter how you try to please them. I think its more than fair to complain about poor service and I think that you should complain as a customer if you arent treated fairly, but it is pointless to complain about the price of somthing. Who cares if they charge 100 or even 300 a polyp for a paly, what are you really mad about-probobly that you want it but can't afford it. It is a business and they wouldn't charge 100 a polyp if they werent selling any for 100 a polyp.

organism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think their customer service kicks butt, they can keep referring my company to all of their customers if they'd like...

that said, why would you tell someone that you won't sell to them because they asked a legitimate question? while I do understand that they may be basing this on previous experiences with many difficult customers, it just seems incorrect to apply it to all potential customers. I'm sure that all of the sponsors here have had their horror stories, but no one's about to apply it to every person that walks through the door, so to speak

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't complain about prices usually, that's really not my beef. The fact that this guy asked a few questions and to get rebuffed like that shows no regard for their potential customers. But it is what it is......

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's not the price, it's that it's a chop shop charging that much

obviously a lot of people have had problems with them shipping things that did not survive. if you are trying to be a professional you need to recognize when things are ready to ship.

cardgenius

Paging Dr. Greenthumb!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a joke. Im so glad I never ordered from them. It looks like they knew there was gonna be a problem with the shippment(ie;frags didnt look good) so they just decided to let the sale go.

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can tell that they have have some bad luck the past few weeks.I think they are getting gun shy.If you know what I mean.

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW. Brandon seems like a awesome guy

secondthief

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey (first post)
I was actually about to copy and paste my thread from reef central over here. I'm glad it made its way over here so all you guys can know whats up. Just to make things straight- I am not mad or frustrated or even complaining, I am just disappointed that I did not receive what I wanted. What I ordered I got because I wanted them and the refusal of order the day of shipping was disappointing to me, so I just wanted to let others know my experience. I still want that mohawk paly but if he doesn't want to sell it to me then he can keep it and I'll spread my money to other reputable vendors. If this makes it around to Brandon somehow (considering he wont return my calls or e-mails) I am not out to flame you or give you a bad rep, but just to let people see what actually went down. Thanks to everyone who replied and read and maybe even reconsidered where they stand. I dont claim this is a terrible business or that it should be boycotted but that you should be warned. Thanks for reading, I really look forward to the community experience that I will share with everyone here at club-zoa.

On a lighter note, I just ordered some frags from marine flora with my refunded reefkingdom money and cannot wait to receive them :)

Last edited:

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Secondthief,

Welcome to Club-Zoa. I don't blame you for your feelings and I think that your post is very humble. You aren't mad at anybody you just want the issue resolved, and I don't blame you for feeling that way.

I don't know much about reefkingdom so I can't comment, but I wish you the best of luck.

Luciano

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 56 65.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.7%

Back