Reeflink issues help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Anthony christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I had a buddy that sold me a reeflink I brought it home and tryed linking it to my echotech account well I reset the reeflink before I started the install process I typed my e-mail address in and password then it told me to plug in usb cable it started the sycing process the a box pope up and said that it was already used on an account I deleted my echotech account and reset the reeflink again I even started a new echotech account everytime this box pops up says same thing then resets reeflink and closes the page out. Help if you can i have 3 gen 3 pro radions and two mp60 and a vectra L1 I'm trying to link together. I'm frustrated.

sevens_up77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you only done a manual reset or have you done a factory reset through ecosmart live? You might have to take it back to your friends house or have him sign into it and delete his account. That's what I had to do to my gen3 pro radion I bought used.

OP
OP
Anthony christian

Anthony christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll also add that I know that the reeflink is reset to factory cause I have solid white lights all the way around the light ring.

OP
OP
Anthony christian

Anthony christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the problem With that is he lives in Georgia I live in Tennessee. I assume it's a factory reset cause that's what the box said when it pope up.

sevens_up77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried ecotech support, they are super helpful? Although they probably won't be open till next week.

Wy8tt_Earp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to long ago I had a similar issue. I downloaded the lastest reef link setup software from EcoTech and there was a firmware update for the reef link to work with the newer EcoTech products. Mine has a blue ring on top and works like a champ.

OP
OP
Anthony christian

Anthony christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
echo tech is awesome first off let me tell ya I bought this from a friend that owned a lfs it turned out to be a display model that was not suppose to have been sold in saying this Echotech said no worries and removed the serial number that was blocking it from being used as anything but a demo model. So now my return pump and my vortechs and radions all in sync with each other. Absolutely awesome also got phone app up and running. A lot of people i know say that Echotech to expensive and want to much for there stuff. You really gotta stop and look at what your getting product wise and service wise and the upgrade ability. Thanks for the help reef2reef

scooter24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if there is a way to do factory reset whithout it being connected to a live account? I bought a reeflink from a buddy in florida and im in MI. I tried to link it to my live account and when it says "connect via usb" nothing happens. Ive tried different browsers and nothing. Ive hit the reset button on the back and the lights are white and blue. Starting at 1) its white then blue then white then blue ect. He has removed it from his account. Anyways i am at a lost. Thanks.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to contact Ecotech and send them the serial number of the reef link and they will remove it from the current account. An then you can register it in your account. Wish everybody selling Ecotech stuff would do that. As the lights pumps and reeflink all are registered to accounts in Ecotech live and will not work until they are removed from an account.

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
programming simple change using reeflink to the radion is such a pain , kept saying having error and rebooted all of the lights.

why is ecotech dragging their legs on making radion g4 pro to be available on mobius ?

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
programming simple change using reeflink to the radion is such a pain , kept saying having error and rebooted all of the lights.

why is ecotech dragging their legs on making radion g4 pro to be available on mobius ?
Have you read all the posts about everyone hating Mobius.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting ..... had a bit of learning curve with reeflink when I got it 4 years ago, but not a lick of trouble since connecting/controlling Vectra and a bunch of gen4 pro lights. Wired connection to reeflink and chrome as the browser got me past any initial hiccups.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back