Reefmat 1200 setup #2 error

RickysReef2022

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have a ReefMat 500 and 1200. The 1200 keeps coming up with a setup error #2. It tells my to check filter roll install and etc. Everything looks perfect

Anyone else have this issue or any ideas on what could be the issue IMG_4998.jpg

JDCagley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this error 1x when I first set this up and it was the take-up roll, I had threaded it the wrong way. Try manual advance and watch the wheels to see if it is taking up (if you can get it to manual advance from app - if not try it on the buttons). I have not seen that error since I figured out how the mat routes through the unit.

Upvote 0

Kimcala13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have a ReefMat 500 and 1200. The 1200 keeps coming up with a setup error #2. It tells my to check filter roll install and etc. Everything looks perfect

Anyone else have this issue or any ideas on what could be the issue IMG_4998.jpg
Hey! Did you figure out how to fix this? I can’t figure it out :(

Upvote 0

Kimcala13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double check the path of the filter material. Ive seen loads of people install them wrong with the little red roller in the front and also not sandwitching the filter on the bottom part.
Hello :) what do you mean little red roller? This is mine in the front.

Attachments

• 42194081-8915-4136-9249-A7E046E2704D.jpeg
    42194081-8915-4136-9249-A7E046E2704D.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 512
Upvote 0

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update here? I am having the exact same problem and my set up looks fine. This is my 5th roll Ive installed and everything was fine until tonight…

prior to the install error I got a message saying roll was jammed.

just installed a new roll and now I am getting the same error saying the roll was installed incorrectly.

I cant get it to manually advance with the app or buttons…

Upvote 0

SMR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the exact same problem, my setup error comes up everytime it rolls. But as soon as I hit "resume" on the app, it rolls and water level goes down but then again it gives me Setup Error #2

Given how its rolls on its own as soon as I hit resume, i am guessing its not a hardware / installation issue but something in the software / sensor makes it think its jammed or something.

Upvote 0

ColonelCrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update here? I am having the exact same problem and my set up looks fine. This is my 5th roll Ive installed and everything was fine until tonight…

prior to the install error I got a message saying roll was jammed.

just installed a new roll and now I am getting the same error saying the roll was installed incorrectly.

I cant get it to manually advance with the app or buttons…

Did you find a fix? Im having the same issue where the advance button isnt working as well.

Upvote 0

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you find a fix? Im having the same issue where the advance button isnt working as well.
The fix was red sea sending me a new motor lol

Upvote 0

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch, what was the process like?
Not too bad since i was still under warranty. They send just the motor and instructions on how to open up the casing and replace it- just a few screws.

Upvote 0

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to chime in and I had the same issue with motor. Super easy to install new motor and red sea sent it out within 2 days.

Upvote 0

ColonelCrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actually very surprised i sent an email to support stating the problem they asked for a video of me pressing the buttons(didnt even include it not opperating but sound was...) seems to common by their response. Initial response in what to send them including shipping address.

Theyre sending me a new entire drive unit(im expecting refurbished) i spoke with this Tuesday. It was supposed to be delivered via fed ex tomorrow morning but got an update today that its been dalayed to saturday. Its coming from Houston and heard theyve been having weather issues?

They did say a return label would be included to send my drive unit back.

Wish id be getting replacement sooner but at least the interaction with support was absolutely painless and quick.

I bought it last august so still under warranty as well.

Upvote 0

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actually very surprised i sent an email to support stating the problem they asked for a video of me pressing the buttons(didnt even include it not opperating but sound was...) seems to common by their response. Initial response in what to send them including shipping address.

Theyre sending me a new entire drive unit(im expecting refurbished) i spoke with this Tuesday. It was supposed to be delivered via fed ex tomorrow morning but got an update today that its been dalayed to saturday. Its coming from Houston and heard theyve been having weather issues?

They did say a return label would be included to send my drive unit back.

Wish id be getting replacement sooner but at least the interaction with support was absolutely painless and quick.

I bought it last august so still under warranty as well.
Interesting, I didn't get instructions for returning the motor. I trashed it

Upvote 0

ColonelCrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably started happe ing more often and want to replace refurbished rather than new units i imagine.

Sadly i have received and sent back the broken one but my matt still sits outside my sump as im an in a seemingly endless cycle of trying to fix a leak in the plumbing of a new reactor(1 drop per 3 minutes shame its not in sumpe id not worry about it) what i setup the manifold to where i cant easily adjust it with the mat in the sump so... still going without.

This hobby man....

Upvote 0

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hang in there. I was there a week ago, and now everything is fixed and more amazing than ever. Tank just reached one year and getting stable.

Upvote 0

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 71.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back