Reefmat 1200 stopped working, solid red power light only, can't reset it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brian1f1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2018
Messages
1,512
Reaction score
1,011
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Installed for a week, was working fine, suddenly a bit ago I got a notice that it disconnected from wifi. I checked the machine and only the power indicator is lit, it's solid red. Holding the settings button down for 15 or 30 seconds does nothing. Unplugging and waiting 30 seconds yields same result, as does holding both advancing buttons, the machine doesn't react. Anyone experience this before? Anyway to do a harder reset than what I've tried? Maybe it's fried.... I do have a ticket started, waiting on their response, but was hoping to have it up again for the weekend. Thanks all.
 
Red Sea got back to me, apparently it's likely a fried "electronics board." New drive unit... It was fun while it lasted all of 4 days.
 
Sorry to hear. At least they are sending you a new drive unit. I've had mine for almost 6 months now and haven't had any issues (other than my own stupidity). Fingers crossed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new