Reefmat 500 on Reefer 170

  • Thread starter Thread starter Schweezy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Schweezy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2017
Messages
87
Reaction score
68
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went ahead and setup my new Reefmat that I bought on Black Friday. My Reefer 170 has been up for 5 years now, I think. I used the Red Sea sump modification kit, which made the whole process pretty easy imho. I made a custom return out of 3/4” schedule 40 about a year ago. I cut that shorter and then slipped a 32mm piece over it that I cut from the old return. Then used the supplied adapters from Red Sea to connect the union and hose. This thing is baller. My display is cleaner than I can remember. Everything looks happier too.

7972E483-557F-4287-ADA7-D52D2C50C9F7.jpeg 0CCE920A-F830-45A2-A012-2EBD253C674A.jpeg 0230C030-67A3-4F62-9D1A-9244BC77850F.jpeg
 
Did you have to remove all the slide compartments in the sump and just make it one big cube?
 
Would you take a photo of the entire sump looking in and slightly above. How much room is left over for a skimmer with the roller mat in there?
 
Late to the party... Does the reefmat 500 provide too much filtration? Would you recommend the 250 or 500 for the reefer 170
 
250 is probably a better size for the sump, but the same filtration will take place because the media is the same, just smaller.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new