ReefMat how long does your roll last?

How long does your roll last?


  • Total voters
    55
RM1200 on an RS525 averaging about 30” a day, well stocked - so just under 2 months

RM500 on an RS170 averaging about 9” a day, lightly stocked - so several months
 
I have a RM 500 on a Reefer 350. Averaging 160cm (62") per day. I'm sick of changing a roll every 10 days or so and thinking about going back to socks.
 
Go through “5 a day with my reefmat 1200 on the 235 gallon reef.
 
I have a RM 500 on a Reefer 350. Averaging 160cm (62") per day. I'm sick of changing a roll every 10 days or so and thinking about going back to socks.

That's a lot. What is your settings at? How much do you have it set to uptake each time? On our 130g total system, our reef mat 500 is now averaging 15" a day.

Also how fast is your sump return set or how much are your filtering. All can come into play on how much it uses. But I think 62" is something in the settings probably.

How dirty are your rolls when you replace them?
 
Slow your drainage it will last so much longer.
This is true.
One other thing is maybe try raising it like I did mine with some cardboard. Since yours is a 500, I don’t believe you will need to worry too much about excessive force on the roll, but this can be a problem with the 1200.
 
Originally i had a Reefmat 500 on my 125g w ( 40g sump). Rolls would last about 3 weeks. Went to a 1200 in June and I still on my first roll ( have about 10' left on it). The 1200 roll is solid green/brown with what was filtered out. The 500 roll was always splotchy even when i had the flow low.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new