ReefMat & Mods question

  • Thread starter Thread starter radreef02
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

radreef02

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2022
Messages
876
Reaction score
328
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Overview

Just bought my Reefmat 500 for my redsea tank.

I want to make sure I’m prepared for the pipe modification but I cannot let the sump go dry so I need to get the glue dried fast.

I will turn off the sump, cut all the silicone & take out the pipe & cut it, glue it to the reefmat connector

Questions:

What glue can I use that will dry fast for the REDSEA overflow pipe (does oatley purple & cement work or do I need some ABS glue)

How long do I have to keep it dry for ? (I don’t want to leave the sump off for an entire 24h which I have seen most cure times)
 
I just used normal purple cement and primer on my connection. Waited about 15-20 minutes and it has not leaked a drop in a few months
 
I just used normal purple cement and primer on my connection. Waited about 15-20 minutes and it has not leaked a drop in a few months

Thank you , How long did you wait inbetween primer and cement ?

do you remember the brand
 
Thank you , How long did you wait inbetween primer and cement ?

do you remember the brand
I use standard Oatey brand. I applied primer and then immediately applied the cement, waited the 15-20 minutes then kicked the pump back on. Don't over think this, its fairly simple.
 
I use standard Oatey brand. I applied primer and then immediately applied the cement, waited the 15-20 minutes then kicked the pump back on. Don't over think this, its fairly simple.

Thank you man, my plan was to wait 30m like I did last time for another project but this time I was reading everyone was saying 24hours etc so I just didn’t want to nuke the tank or have leaks. I’ll be doing this later !

Props to you
 
Thank you man, my plan was to wait 30m like I did last time for another project but this time I was reading everyone was saying 24hours etc so I just didn’t want to nuke the tank or have leaks. I’ll be doing this later !

Props to you
No worries. 30 minutes should be fine. My tank has 7 weeks under its belt with the reefmat 1200 and I LOVE not messing with socks anymore.
 
Done ! D8AD996A-7DDE-4E8B-80F4-B6CCB1E4D1E4.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new