ReefMat with Waterbox Aquarium

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scottiemac
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Scottiemac

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2023
Messages
250
Reaction score
107
Location
Pennsylvania
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a ReefMat and have a Waterbox 220. The tank has a 40mm overflow, and the Reefmat uses a 32mm input.

What I'm trying to do is reduce my 40mm flex hose down to the 32mm flex hose on the ReefMat.

Can't find anything online regarding this. I do have a 40/32mm reducer, but that's for pipes and not flex hoses.

Yet I can't be the only one whose ever used a ReefMat with a Waterbox. Has anyone here done this?
 
I just got a ReefMat and have a Waterbox 220. The tank has a 40mm overflow, and the Reefmat uses a 32mm input.

What I'm trying to do is reduce my 40mm flex hose down to the 32mm flex hose on the ReefMat.

Can't find anything online regarding this. I do have a 40/32mm reducer, but that's for pipes and not flex hoses.

Yet I can't be the only one whose ever used a ReefMat with a Waterbox. Has anyone here done this?

Use a pipe to hose barb adapter! — they should be available in the sizes you need; or you can adapt to imperial…

The biggest issue you’ll run into is that you’re reducing the drain diameter going into the ReefMat… this restriction will reduce maximum drain flow rate!
 
Use a pipe to hose barb adapter! — they should be available in the sizes you need; or you can adapt to imperial…

The biggest issue you’ll run into is that you’re reducing the drain diameter going into the ReefMat… this restriction will reduce maximum drain flow rate!

Indeed I was concerned about the flow. Might need to utilize the backup-overflow, which I'd rather not do.
 
Hey, why not hard plump it to a 1 inch pvc? If you look at my build thread, you will see what I did. Has worked perfectly fine for months.
 
I just got a ReefMat and have a Waterbox 220. The tank has a 40mm overflow, and the Reefmat uses a 32mm input.

What I'm trying to do is reduce my 40mm flex hose down to the 32mm flex hose on the ReefMat.

Can't find anything online regarding this. I do have a 40/32mm reducer, but that's for pipes and not flex hoses.

Yet I can't be the only one whose ever used a ReefMat with a Waterbox. Has anyone here done this?
How on earth did you fit a reefmat in your waterbox sump?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new