ReefOctopus Elite-150 Assembly NEED HELP!

OP
OP
PigDaddyF15E

PigDaddyF15E

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was tempted to try the small dab of glue. At this point I've got it pretty much dialed in..so I have not adjusted it for weekks. On the rare occasion I do...it's a minor issue.

To me...it's really the principle of the matter. They tell me it's supposed to work...send me the piece that is supposed to work..and it doesn't. So I have two T's that don't work.

IIRC the company was bought out....and I think I got mine after that transaction. or perhaps it was something about a redesign of the model. But clearly nobody tested configuration or they would have seen this issue. In addition...the instructions were nothing but a exploded diagram. IIRC I had to find someone's YouTube video to really see what it looked like to assemble.

In hindsight...i would not have bought this model...might not even buy this brand should I need another. I'll get one with a gate valve.

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the same issue. once you get it dialed in you dont really ever adjust it again so i just dealt with having to put 1 hand into the water to hold the T.

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you could prob just use some clear primer and taht'll make it thick enough to hold the T in place

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back