OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Complete take down. Unfortunately I think we are in over our heads and that's a decision we are battling. We would still stay with our 39 for sure though. So, not out of the hobby, but maybe just a break from two tanks for now.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Complete take down. Unfortunately I think we are in over our heads and that's a decision we are battling. We would still stay with our 39 for sure though. So, not out of the hobby, but maybe just a break from two tanks for now.

Understood. I've been there. Maybe just not the right time atm. Good luck with what you guys decide to do. :)

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understood. I've been there. Maybe just not the right time atm. Good luck with what you guys decide to do. :)

Thank you! You will be happy to know the clowns are last on the list to go of we do. We're even contemplating a mini nem clown tank. Hard to think about getting rid of them we they have so much spunk.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! You will be happy to know the clowns are last on the list to go of we do. We're even contemplating a mini nem clown tank. Hard to think about getting rid of them we they have so much spunk.
1smile1

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update. Things have been busy and dismal on the tank side so it's been hard. Looks like we will be keeping the 45 for now, but I will not be adding corals for awhile just to get things back on track in our world. The goal will be to clean it out, soak the rock in fresh, get some live rock and start over.

As for the fish, the clowns and basslet are all doing good. Clowns look 100% fine. Eating, no signs of anything wrong. The basslet has been fine, but not nearly 100%. He hadn't been eating, but did appear to eat a little yesterday. He's definitely active. He did seem to have something on his fins the other day, but he never came out close enough for us to confirm or deny ich. It was gone within 24 hours and now he seems to be clear of anything. Just working on getting him to eat and pray that he remains symptom free. If we notice anything we will be doing hypo salinity as soon as the corals have been cleared out of that tank.

As for the corals, no signs of any flatworms so far so hopefully that means they weren't carried over on the corals. When I had taken the 45 down I didn't really see any so I'm hoping that maybe they had slowly died off. I will be waiting as long as possible to put them in any other tank so we shall see. If I do see the need to hypo with the fish I may just do a flatworm exit dip, then revive or coral rx and just keep my fingers crossed. Right now, my main concern with the corals is the heliofungia. He hasn't looked as happy. He's quite the prize though so hopefully he pulls through.

Anyway, that is where we are at. Seems like when it rains it pours, but I guess it could be much worse. Just hoping for the best from this point forward.

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for lack of updates. I have been MIA lately. Unfortunately I had to make the tough decision that realistically we had to take down the tank permanently. Luckily, the fish have found an excellent new home. So while I am very sad, I know they'll be well cared for. I still have the 39 and will be keeping that up and running, but for now I'm just a one tank girl. Thanks for all your support on this thread. I hope that sometime in the near future I'll be able to start up a new tank thread. Probably won't be for awhile though.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for lack of updates. I have been MIA lately. Unfortunately I had to make the tough decision that realistically we had to take down the tank permanently. Luckily, the fish have found an excellent new home. So while I am very sad, I know they'll be well cared for. I still have the 39 and will be keeping that up and running, but for now I'm just a one tank girl. Thanks for all your support on this thread. I hope that sometime in the near future I'll be able to start up a new tank thread. Probably won't be for awhile though.
sorry to hear Chrissie. glad you found good homes for the fish though.

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to hear Chrissie. glad you found good homes for the fish though.

Thanks Marvin! I am thankful as well that they went to a good home and not too far away so that's good to. Hard decision for sure though.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Chrissie, see you on your other thread though.

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Chrissie, see you on your other thread though.

Thanks Brett! I'm hoping to be back and posting more frequently. Finally have everything almost back to normal. I did lose the heliofungia which was a major bummer. Everyone else is in their new home and doing well. The 39 looks a little different too. I'll have to update my thread over there.

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Marvin! I am thankful as well that they went to a good home and not too far away so that's good to. Hard decision for sure though.

Wonder where these awesome fish went? I bet the new owner is a cool guy!! ;)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 74 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back