ReefPops 45 Gallon

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, the WW in the 45g are the ones from Sea & Reef and the ones on the 39g your original ones you got a few years back, correct? :wink:

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, the WW in the 45g are the ones from Sea & Reef and the ones on the 39g your original ones you got a few years back, correct? :wink:

I don't make this easy do I? :tongue: I actually no longer have the original ones I purchased, those went to a new home. The ones in my 39 I got back in October, but they are not from Sea & Reef or Sustainable Aquatics. I got them locally (still lineage to C-Quest). You are correct about the ones in my 45, they are the newest ones from Sea & Reef.

Last edited:

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't make this easy do I? :tongue: I actually no longer have the original ones I purchased, those went to a new home. The ones in my 39 I got back in October, but they are not from Sea & Reef or Sustainable Aquatics. I got them locally (still lineage to C-Quest). You are correct about the ones in my 45, they are the newest ones from Sea & Reef.
got it! how come you got rid of the original ones?

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got it! how come you got rid of the original ones?

Well, at the time I got rid of them they were still not available like they are now. I literally felt like I had one of the few pairs. I was presented with the opportunity to have someone try to breed them, something I definitely could not do myself. Although this had been something I'd been approached with before I had never considered it. Anyway, after much contemplating I decided that I would finally make the decision and let them go to their new home. It was tough, but worked out in the end I think. I'll always still be attached to them though, my original ones and I had raised them for quite some time.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, at the time I got rid of them they were still not available like they are now. I literally felt like I had one of the few pairs. I was presented with the opportunity to have someone try to breed them, something I definitely could not do myself. Although this had been something I'd been approached with before I had never considered it. Anyway, after much contemplating I decided that I would finally make the decision and let them go to their new home. It was tough, but worked out in the end I think. I'll always still be attached to them though, my original ones and I had raised them for quite some time.
I hope you're still able to see them locally.

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you're still able to see them locally.

Thanks Marvin! Haven't seen them in person, but a few updates here and there. A little easier to get over them the less I think about them, but I don't know if that'll ever completely happen.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Marvin! Haven't seen them in person, but a few updates here and there. A little easier to get over them the less I think about them, but I don't know if that'll ever completely happen.
true dat! the Picasso's I let go.. at least I can still see them if I want to. I'm just glad I found them a great home. I wish I can keep so much more clowns but not feasible atm. :(

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
true dat! the Picasso's I let go.. at least I can still see them if I want to. I'm just glad I found them a great home. I wish I can keep so much more clowns but not feasible atm. :(

I know what you mean. One day you'll have the 300 gallon clownfish tank though :)

Nice looking Clowns!

Thank you! They are definitely sassy.

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I made some new additions yesterday and also discovered an very unwanted one as well.

We will start with the bad. Looks like I somehow have what appears to be red planaria flatworms. I have no idea how they got in my tank as I dip everything (Coral Rx) and with the exception of my heliofungia and chalice I have added nothing that wasn't from my old tank, which doesn't have flatworms. I'm frustrated to say the least as I am so careful about this that I have no clue where they came from. Looks like I have a battle in front of me.

On a happier note, I did get a pair of hooded wrasses yesterday. Here's some pics. I have to get a better one of the male. His colors are amazing and this pic doesn't quite show it. They were added yesterday and lights are still not on so I was working with what I had :)

IMG_9688.jpg

IMG_9701.jpg

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish seem to be acclimating well. Fingers crossed things continue to do well as I will treat the tank with flatworm exit in a bit. I'm nervous, but seeing as there aren't too many I'm feeling okay about it.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish seem to be acclimating well. Fingers crossed things continue to do well as I will treat the tank with flatworm exit in a bit. I'm nervous, but seeing as there aren't too many I'm feeling okay about it.

Awesome pair of Hooded. They might help with the flatworms. Glad they're doing good. :)

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome pair of Hooded. They might help with the flatworms. Glad they're doing good. :)

Thank you Marvin. I think they are really pretty. Right now I'm afraid the male is a little stressed as he's being a yo-yo up and down the glass. I know that can mean that they are stressed. Both fish did eat though and the female is moving through the rockwork and exploring quite a bit. The male and the basslet aren't the best of friends, but I think they are just establishing territory. The male hooded is on the bigger side so the basslet is a little outsized. I have no concern with them thuough as it seems they just swim by each other, show their size and move on :)

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the hooded wrasses Chrissie, they have always been one of my favorites. I've always wondered how Basslets would do with fairy wrasses.

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep us posted on how they do.

Will do. So far seem to still be doing well. The male hasn't been yo-yoing so that's good. They are both eating and overall seem to be adjusting well. Did find out the value of a lid and wrasses though. Something must have spooked the male and up he went. If I didn't have the lid I'm pretty sure he would have been carpet surfing.

Love the hooded wrasses Chrissie, they have always been one of my favorites. I've always wondered how Basslets would do with fairy wrasses.

Thanks Brett! So far they seem to be doing well together. Haven't seen any aggression at all. If anything I feel bad for the basslet. He(she) is my baby of the tank and the wrasses seem to like his two hideouts. He's still trying to defend them both and I feel bad. He actually hasn't been aggressively eating or really eating at all today. I think he is too concerned with his holes. Hopefully that won't last two long. He's far too precious so if he doesn't start eating I'll have to figure something out. He ate yesterday though so I'm not too concerned. Could just be that I haven't fed any of his favorites.

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few days since an update, been a bit busy. Have a admit, a little down in the tank work today. Still frustrated about the whole flatworm thing and a little unsure about my recent wrasse addition. Unfortunately the hoodeds seem a little aggressive and I thought they were overall peaceful fish. The female has it out for the helfrichi and the male for the clowns He chases them and she chases the helfrichi. Not sure if this is an adjustment period still or just flat out bullying, but I don't like it. At least the basslet is doing fine with them now. I just don't like the aggressiveness and don't want fish hiding because of bully fish. Hoping it stops soon. Kind of ironic choices for them to bully .

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few days since an update, been a bit busy. Have a admit, a little down in the tank work today. Still frustrated about the whole flatworm thing and a little unsure about my recent wrasse addition. Unfortunately the hoodeds seem a little aggressive and I thought they were overall peaceful fish. The female has it out for the helfrichi and the male for the clowns He chases them and she chases the helfrichi. Not sure if this is an adjustment period still or just flat out bullying, but I don't like it. At least the basslet is doing fine with them now. I just don't like the aggressiveness and don't want fish hiding because of bully fish. Hoping it stops soon. Kind of ironic choices for them to bully .
out of the fishes you have in the tank, I think the wrasses would be the dominant ones. I also hope that they are just letting everyone know who's the boss and will soon stop chasing the their tank mates. good luck Chrissie.

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
out of the fishes you have in the tank, I think the wrasses would be the dominant ones. I also hope that they are just letting everyone know who's the boss and will soon stop chasing the their tank mates. good luck Chrissie.

Thanks Marvin! Me too. It's not constant so that's good. The other fish don't seem too bothered, in fact the clowns actually swim more in the middle now so I'll take that. :)

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard the hooded wrasses can be on the aggressive side, hopefully it's just chasing here and there and nothing more.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 77 79.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%
Back