OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luckily everyone appears to be doing okay. The two are still best of friends in war. No chasing, but definitely harassing. I really hate watching them. Unfortunately only one of them ate, but I think that's because they are pre-occupied. Everyone else in the tank is good too. I do have an itch to start adding some coral beyond my scolys. Just not sure what I want to add first :)

Tinola

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the wyoming whites! I just got mine too! Hoping to get another one once my wallet allows me :)
Mine's already eating and hosted my bta. And it's been since Friday since I got him.
Good luck with them! They're very beautiful

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the wyoming whites! I just got mine too! Hoping to get another one once my wallet allows me :)
Mine's already eating and hosted my bta. And it's been since Friday since I got him.
Good luck with them! They're very beautiful

Thanks so much. I love them too. My favorite kind of clowns so far. This is my second (third sort of) pair so I've had wyomings for almost four years now. I'm still a little nervous because they are being a little aggressive towards each other. I know that's typical when establishing dominance, but they are the meanest to each other compared to my others. One is eating, the other hasn't been since their quarrel. Only been three days though so fingers crossed they make up in time for valentines day :)

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hope they settle down soon for yah Chrissie.

Thanks Marvin! I'm feeling better about the chances as they have calmed down about it significantly. Still a little bit sassy, but less biting and the one that wasn't eating is now nibbling at small pieces. The funniest part is they don't chase or leave each other. Side by side most of the time and then will randomly bicker. I think they are going to figure it out soon or at least I hope so. I also hope they both become more aggressive eaters.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Marvin! I'm feeling better about the chances as they have calmed down about it significantly. Still a little bit sassy, but less biting and the one that wasn't eating is now nibbling at small pieces. The funniest part is they don't chase or leave each other. Side by side most of the time and then will randomly bicker. I think they are going to figure it out soon or at least I hope so. I also hope they both become more aggressive eaters.

Good to hear Chrissie. :)

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little out of focus, but I love this guys colors. My goal is to have amazing photo skills by the time I get 11 pages down the road :)
IMG_9549.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So an update on the Wyomings. I no longer fear murder so that's good. They have definitely calmed down and I see little to no fighting. Excited to see who will be the boss as they are both still similar in size. The one is eating really well while the other is less interested. He's almost got a bit of a pinched belly so I am going to do more frequent feedings. He eats, but just isn't as interested in food. I'm hoping cyclopeeze will do the trick. They didn't want it the other day, but I haven't tried it since they have been eating more frequently. Fingers crossed :)

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to announce that just 40 minutes after the last post I have confirmed that cyclopeeze did the trick. Two fat bellies in the tank. Now they just need to keep that up and get out of the corner they have claimed home.

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to announce that just 40 minutes after the last post I have confirmed that cyclopeeze did the trick. Two fat bellies in the tank. Now they just need to keep that up and get out of the corner they have claimed home.

Lol glad they are doing well

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, silly clownfish. Glad they're coming around!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I wonder why new clowns always seem to stay by the water line when they're new? I'm very happy to hear that they are eating. My ones also takes a bit of time to get used to what I feed. Are your WW from Sea and Reef line? I wonder what they feed them? :confused:

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol glad they are doing well

Haha, silly clownfish. Glad they're coming around!

Thanks! Me too. Seem to be eating more regularly now. Still not super aggressive, but I think they are still establishing themselves.

I wonder why new clowns always seem to stay by the water line when they're new? I'm very happy to hear that they are eating. My ones also takes a bit of time to get used to what I feed. Are your WW from Sea and Reef line? I wonder what they feed them? :confused:

No idea why they like the water line. Drives me nuts though :) Mine are also from Sea and Reef. I'd guess some sort of pellets, but mine didn't seem overly aggressive towards pellets either. I even have some of the hatchery/breeder food and they didn't go for that. Who knows, I guess as long as they eat within a few days it should be okay.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look awesome, It would be cool if they could get them to have a black stripe.

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really love your wy whites!

Thank you very much. One thing I'm really finding interesting is that the one has no orange on either pectoral fin. It'll be interesting to see if any develops or if it'll remain black. I also still love that he has the double cheek bars. I could stare at them all. Just got done with the weekly WC.

Tinola

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah those all black pectoral fins' great! I wish mine had em... Love the "ears" on mine though.

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah those all black pectoral fins' great! I wish mine had em... Love the "ears" on mine though.

Yeah for sure. Yours are very nice too. My other ones have those spots too. It's amazing how much variety there can be.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 78.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back