ReefPops 45 Gallon

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt worry too much about the goby. I put a yasha/pistol pair in my twenty. i didnt see the yasha for 3 months. Now, that being said, after he was very visable for a good 6 moths, ive not seen him since and it's been about three months again.

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt worry too much about the goby. I put a yasha/pistol pair in my twenty. i didnt see the yasha for 3 months. Now, that being said, after he was very visable for a good 6 moths, ive not seen him since and it's been about three months again.

Well I'm hoping you are right. My yasha in the other tank hides, but is still visible, the shrimp pair he came with however, I have not seen. They became basslet food really quick. Unfortunate but the way it goes.

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look who I found :)

IMG_9509.jpg

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His sighting last night was short lived, but I am so happy he's alive. A local LFS has some pistol shrimp so I may go take a look and add one to the tank. The only thing I'm unsure of is that I really like the Randall's pistol shrimp, but these gobies typically pair with another kind that I don't believe the LFS has. May try the Randall's and see what happens.

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His sighting last night was short lived, but I am so happy he's alive. A local LFS has some pistol shrimp so I may go take a look and add one to the tank. The only thing I'm unsure of is that I really like the Randall's pistol shrimp, but these gobies typically pair with another kind that I don't believe the LFS has. May try the Randall's and see what happens.

=) once he gets more comfortable he'll come out!

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, glad you found him. I've tried two pistols now and never saw either of them again.

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
=) once he gets more comfortable he'll come out!

That is true. :) He might get a friend though. If the friend doesn't work Ill send the basslet to get him ;)

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, glad you found him. I've tried two pistols now and never saw either of them again.

Thanks Brett! It was actually funny because I had stopped looking for him all together. Came home from volleyball and there was the goby hanging out. The exact rock I thought he was living in. As for the pistols, I haven't had much luck either, but in the tanks they died I either issues or fish that liked them as a snack. Figured it might be worth a shot and of that's how the goby is naturally happy and I try mimic natural where I can.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, no luck on the pistol shrimp today, but another surprise coming soon.

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, here's a pic. It's a definitely out of focus and not the greatest by any means, but I've got the lights out an am trying to let them acclimate smoothly so it was the best I could do for now.
IMG_9546.jpg

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, here's a pic. It's a definitely out of focus and not the greatest by any means, but I've got the lights out an am trying to let them acclimate smoothly so it was the best I could do for now.
IMG_9546.jpg

Awesome they look small

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful clowns Chrissie
very nice clowns there Chrissie. great pick up. 1smile1

Thanks so much guys! I haven't been home to enjoy them too much, but so far I am loving them. I'm excited because they are so different from my other two. I was hesitant to get a second pair of WW because I wanted variety between the two tanks. Not regretting it at all. Their differences make them all even cooler. I'll hopefully get some better pics in the next few days. Hard to tell in my pic, but the one has two cheek bars (or reverse eye black as I call it). Never seen that before on one of these guys.

Awesome they look small

They are pretty cool. I'm very happy with them so far. They are about 1.5" but do seem small. The snail gives you a good size comparison though. My perception of fish size is a little tainted though when it comes to inches. I think 1" is big and then I see these guys and it's not at all. Had to do something so the goby didn't feel too intimidated. Then again, won't see him again for a few weeks ;)

Last edited:

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much guys! I haven't been home to enjoy them too much, but so far I am loving them. I'm excited because they are so different from my other two. I was hesitant to get a second pair of WW because I wanted variety between the two tanks. Not regretting it at all. Their differences make them all even cooler. I'll hopefully get some better pics in the next few days. Hard to tell in my pic, but the one has two cheek bars (or reverse eye black as I call it). Never seen that before on one of these guys.

They are pretty cool. I'm very happy with them so far. They are about 1.5" but do seem small. The snail gives you a good size comparison though. My perception of fish size is a little tainted though when it comes to inches. I think 1" is big and then I see these guys and it's not at all. Had to do something so the goby didn't feel too intimidated. Then again, won't see him again for a few weeks ;)
I like the cheek bars. really cool looking. 1smile1

as for size.. I've seen and had them smaller. my biggest fears when they are this small is the joyride from overflow and the Vortech.

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely turn the vortech down for a little while. I lost a pretty expensive platinum that way.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely turn the vortech down for a little while. I lost a pretty expensive platinum that way.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

I like the cheek bars. really cool looking. 1smile1

as for size.. I've seen and had them smaller. my biggest fears when they are this small is the joyride from overflow and the Vortech.

Always my fear as well, but luckily my vortech is already all the way down. I lost a helfrichi to that years ago so am always very aware. In general the flow is on the low side right now so I'm thinking that they should be good (knock on wood).

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking clowns and the Scoly's in the background look awesome too!

Thank you very much! Scolys are doing pretty good. Haven't been in their full glory since being moved over from the 39, but they are slowly adjusting. I haven't really placed them strategically yet, so they are just kind of in there now.

OP
OP
ReefPops

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Least favorite thing about "baby" clowns in a new tank...watching them decide who will be the boss :squigglemouth:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 6.0%

Back