Reefs

Discussion in 'Reef Aquarium Discussion' started by ryan.pilkington.7, Feb 14, 2014.

1. ryan.pilkington.7

ryan.pilkington.7 Member

Hi guys are there any tips you can give me about good coral keeping? Are there any hard bits or is it all quite simple overall?

I'm wanting to get a marine set up soon and I'm wanting to know the basics so I can have some knowledge to get off to a flying (or should I say swimming) start!

Thanks in advance

Tags:

2. mike007

mike007 Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Rest In Peace Moderator Emeritus

If you are planning a reef tank what size are you considering? Yes It can be a challenge If you do not take the correct steps and plan ahead. Basics are cured live rock, protein skimmer, sump ,heater, circulation (power heads) sand and good lighting. What type of corals are you considering? There are many threads here on R2R that can help you further.

3. Reefing Madness

Reefing Madness Carbon Doser Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019

4. ryan.pilkington.7

ryan.pilkington.7 Member

No big as a starter I was thinking about a nano tank. Thanks for this guys so far it's really helpful :)

5. ryan.pilkington.7

ryan.pilkington.7 Member

Just a quick question, when I do decide to go marine what marine fish would u suggest as good starter fish??

6. Reefing Madness

Reefing Madness Carbon Doser Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019

After the tanks cycles. There are way to many to choose from. What do you have in mind?
    Nano Fish

7. ryan.pilkington.7

ryan.pilkington.7 Member

As cliche as it is I was thinking of maybe clown fish and damsel fish?

8. ryan.pilkington.7

ryan.pilkington.7 Member

Or fire fish

Draft saved Draft deleted